Got a little story for you... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Got a little story for you...

I was drivin home from picking up some furniture with my mom this afternoon and saw another 6.4 off in the distance in front of me. All of a sudden his tailpipe started to have a little white smoke and I'm thinking to myself "guess he is having the 'white smoke while regen' thing". Well 30 seconds later we hit a hill (and I'm gaining on him at this point) and now there is so much white smoke, every lane of beltway 8 is covered in smoke. I turned to my mom and said "I bet he blew a headgasket" and she said "I don't know or care, but it smells like crap so hurry up and pass him". It very much smelt like burning coolant and I just couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy because he looked to either be clueless or not care as I passed him. Every hill we hit he white smoked the freeway, downhill, smoke disappeared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Most likely, he is not diesel educated and, he will have a huge bill tomorrow. I feel bad for him, and people like him all the time.

My story.....My friend bought a used 2005 6.0, and against my opinion (Not because it was 6.0, but because I saw disaster written all over it.) Anyway, he had it for about a week and he asked me if my truck is hard to start, and if it smokes real bad after it starts. This is just the beginning. I obviously told him he needs "New" injectors and he got mad at me? Long story short, in less than one year he has had the injectors done twice by a shop, both times on his dime....get this, for $8,500. I told him he could have bullet proofed the motor for that (In fact, I had explained everything to him on what he should do the first time). He didn't listen and now he just blew a head gasket. Great guy, but man has he had bad luck. He uses this truck to run his landscape business, and needless to say he is way in the hole with this rig. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:35 AM

I don't feel bad because he is like the majority: get in, turn the key, and it is all supposed to work. Maintenance? Psshhhaaawwww. No need.
No one wants to take responsibility for things they buy. They think they are, wait for it, entitled to a working whatever it is, and don't think the are responsible for taking care of it.

Ok, maybe not the guy who's gasket blew, but the landscape guy? Yea.

I hate dump ppl
Old 12-27-2012, 04:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
I don't feel bad because he is like the majority: get in, turn the key, and it is all supposed to work. Maintenance? Psshhhaaawwww. No need.
No one wants to take responsibility for things they buy. They think they are, wait for it, entitled to a working whatever it is, and don't think the are responsible for taking care of it.

Ok, maybe not the guy who's gasket blew, but the landscape guy? Yea.

I hate dump ppl
my exact sentiments.. people think they're entitled and its great! its one MAJOR thing wrong in society today! i was driving behind a landscaping dump truck mexi-packed with hispanic people and it was smoking white on flats and down hill as well as up hill! if my employees did that.. i'd fire them on the spot i don't care if they could move lawn mowers with their mind! dumb people kill me.. if people took care of their American cars as much as they babied their fancy imports then maybe their American cars would last just as long.. but once you slap a ford tough sticker on it they think they can beat it
Old 12-27-2012, 06:18 AM

And then the ignorant people go and bash on American cars because it "broke on them for no reason"

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-27-2012, 07:09 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
And then the ignorant people go and bash on American cars because it "broke on them for no reason"

exactly my point.. and then they ***** about fixing it cause we use REAL metals and make good parts.. then they go buy a honda and go "pfft atleast its cheaper to fix" -.- terrible.. just awful.. i find 90% of cars/trucks will last if people just didn't bang on them
Old 12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My mom turned to me after I told her that it was the same generation as mine and asked (with a concerned look in her face) "could that happen to your truck?!?!"

I replied, no because "I'm not an idiot."

And before I get jumped on, I know crap happens to stock trucks, but I pride myself on taking care of my vehicles and doing preventative maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM

No one's gonna jump on you. If a freak failure did happen, smart owners like us would pull over immediately! Not keep pushing it!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo kidd View Post
Most likely, he is not diesel educated and, he will have a huge bill tomorrow. I feel bad for him, and people like him all the time.

My story.....My friend bought a used 2005 6.0, and against my opinion (Not because it was 6.0, but because I saw disaster written all over it.) Anyway, he had it for about a week and he asked me if my truck is hard to start, and if it smokes real bad after it starts. This is just the beginning. I obviously told him he needs "New" injectors and he got mad at me? Long story short, in less than one year he has had the injectors done twice by a shop, both times on his dime....get this, for $8,500. I told him he could have bullet proofed the motor for that (In fact, I had explained everything to him on what he should do the first time). He didn't listen and now he just blew a head gasket. Great guy, but man has he had bad luck. He uses this truck to run his landscape business, and needless to say he is way in the hole with this rig. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.
Pretty much same story with a friend of mine.... I told him to atleast get an Oasis report, he did not and a couple weeks went by and nothing but injector problems since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.