general 6.4 questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
general 6.4 questions

so i'm looking at getting rid of my ram 2500 gaser and getting into a 6.4. right now my truck is lifted on 37's and my next one will get the same treatment. what are guys seeing for mpg's running a 6" lift and 37's? obviously i plan to delete and tune, but what combo seems to be getting the best mpg's? when its all said and done what did it cost you to get to those mpg's? yes i know its lifted and it will get **** for mileage, trust me i get 8 right now with my sled deck in and with 2 sleds all loaded up i will see 7 ish. basically i'm looking to get mid teens out of a d.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I know I'm not lifted as high as you are, but I have a 2.5" leveling kit and 4" blocks in the rear with 35s and I get 15-17 on the hwy depending on my right foot and wind conditions.

A tuner will run you $800-1200 depending in the tuner (H&S or Spartan) and how quick you jump on that wagon (the EPA is starting to shut down all the DPF-off tuners).

Intake will run $300-500 (S&B or AFE).

Exhaust will run $100-1000 depending on if you just do a delete pipe or a full exhaust and what material the exhaust is made from or if it has a muffler or not.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I plan on jumping within the next few months. i love the epa, lets burn more fuel, sounds like a good plan to me. i will prob do stainless from the turbo back with no muffler. those are the only 2 tuners that will work with the delete? what has to be done with the egr? will it all work without an intake? i will put one on eventually.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
There's other tuners but those are the most used ones here on the forum. You can modify your stock intake u yuk you go aftermarket. I just took the upper lid off mine till my new aftermarket one came in. The higher tunes move air and an aftermarket intake is needed.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Of the ones out there, those are all I would trust to be honest.

You really don't need a muffler on these trucks. I run a 5" straight and it is not loud at all. Sounds about the same level as my roommates stock 7.3 as far as sound level. Probably less now that I think about it.

As far as intake. As long as you stay under the 210 tunes you probably don't need one. On the spartan 300 I popped my filter minder every time I got on the freeway.

But be forewarned, once you start modifying its hard to decide where to stop. You will end up with new intake, CAC pipe, intercooler, down pipe wrapped with header wrap, exhaust, turbo socks and traction bars.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.