Does H&S still exist? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does H&S still exist?

I was trying to get a tuner from a shop in Texas that had them posted about 2 months ago. Now that I had the money I called them up and was told they didn't sell H&S anymore because they went out of business due to EPA shutting them down. So after calling another dealer and they had what I was looking for, I thought I better get one before they were all gone. So, is H&S still in business, and if so, for how long? Or was this just a line of bull to try to get me to buy whatever they were selling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Made In America

http://www.hsperformance.com/press-release/

They are still in business. They voluntarily suspended production of all tuning products because of all the heat from the EPA. They may or may not continue to produce in the future but as of now they still sell everything but their tuners. I believe you can still buy them from third party dealers but like I said they are not currently producing any more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

They do but thanks to the tree-huggers and their EPA pals, they may not be for long.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 AM

Just got one from XDP expect to receive it today... $949.00 from them..
I was talking with XDP and they expect H & S to produce the same programmer without dpf and egr delete... They think the company will offer the programmer that way and you will still be able to get the delete functions/downloads by downloading the old data they have on there website. It sounds like they have a loop-hole here.... However it just wont be so blatent as to sell the programmer with that stuff as preloaded software... At least thats how I understood it...

Last edited by htgspecialties; 12-24-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM

you can always check out PTP, they were still selling programmers last I heard.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I figured if this was coming to an end thanks to a group of idiots trying to run the country, i better get one if i could find one. So i ordered one last week, Merry X-mas to the old grey mare! When i had my 7.3 it was easy, install the 4" exhaust and plugged in the preditor icp module and instant fuel mpg gains. Never had to go to this extreme, so after hearing that H&S might be going out of business i was a little concerned who i could call for tech help if needed. Got my fingers crossed that i'm not gonna have to hire a college kid to install this thing on my truck.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Emergency Services

really...this is some **** with the EPA...theres nothing we can do ? u spend 60k on a diesel truck to hopefully get 500k outa it with all this bull**** there putting on them theres no way they will
Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Made In America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Mare View Post
I figured if this was coming to an end thanks to a group of idiots trying to run the country, i better get one if i could find one. So i ordered one last week, Merry X-mas to the old grey mare! When i had my 7.3 it was easy, install the 4" exhaust and plugged in the preditor icp module and instant fuel mpg gains. Never had to go to this extreme, so after hearing that H&S might be going out of business i was a little concerned who i could call for tech help if needed. Got my fingers crossed that i'm not gonna have to hire a college kid to install this thing on my truck.
You shouldn't have any problem installing it. The directions are very dummy-proof. The only thing involved is routing the power wire to the fuse block, but it even tells you which fuse to use, I wanna say 52 don't quote me though. Pictures and all :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Do yourself a favor and get the power from somewhere other than right out of the fuse block - it spreads the pins and should you ever have an issue electronically it will burn the pin up in the fuse box.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvestingInternationally View Post
really...this is some **** with the EPA...theres nothing we can do ? u spend 60k on a diesel truck to hopefully get 500k outa it with all this bull**** there putting on them theres no way they will
You can thank all the tree huggers for that. These people making these bull**** rules have no idea what impact they have.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.