Educate my opinion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Educate my opinion

If someone could please answer a queation for me? Do the trucks with the new 6.4 or 6.7's have a program built in, to inform the dealer if any mods have been done to the truck? Prior to service or warranties? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
No but fords computer goes a lot deeper than your average tuner and code reader and will have codes in there of too much boost and too much fuel... Etc. in no way is any tuner non traceable, the dealer can find it, it's just how hard they look. I would suggest finding out info about the dealers around you. Some are fine with tuning, some are fine with tuning as long as when you come in for service it's 100% stock, and some aren't okay with tuning at all.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Premium Member

Thanks travis. So there is no software installed to tell dealerships or the factory if any tunes have been run or say, a run history that they can print?
Any other thoughts?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM

I'm sure with fords computer is very easy to tell if it has been tuned. My buddy is a ford diesel mechanic and knows his way around these trucks, I can run it by him when he gets home after the holidays

Not to mention the obvious signs that the exhaust has been wrenched on if you delete. If they want to find out, they can
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Premium Member

Hey Trav Any comments from you buddy? The reason why i posted this thread, is that I talked to a rep at SEMA in vegas when the 6.4's came out and he commented that ford would know if guys tampered with the truck under warrenty and therefore any breakage would not be covered! Call me crazy but with all the guys trying to fool ford, saying they did not do anything to there trucks, I have a theory. I think ford has listened, snooped, and checkout all forums and more and with the EPA regs, CARB here in cali I think some of there decisions to put weak internals in the engines(6.7 rods, valves, etc.) and EGR's systems is so guys won't do anything to there trucks??? Maybe even service them more So as I bulid power in my old 7.3L I will just have to keep haten on all you big hp boys out there
Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 PM

I haven't got to see him yet. No tuner is untraceable on these trucks. As far as something that tells the dealer it's tuned, no.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Premium Member

Thanks travis. And did you think my theories were crazy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.