priced to high?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonboywv12
priced to high??

been searching for a 6.4 for months now came arcoss one that i feel i have good talk down room, and its everything plus a little more that i want. its an 08 with 135,xxx miles. its a fully loaded kr nav, sunroof, traction control, upfitter switches. etc etc...anyway the guy used it for towing a camper on the ball not 5th wheel. he no longer has camper. so he is selling truck. i checked oasis report on it, only problems came back where back in 10' and 11' he had egr problems but were all replaced. and then truck went out of warrenty. since then the truck has gotten a dpf delete and h&s blackmaxx. is there anything i should be worried about with the egr going out on it anytime soon or would an egr delete fix that problem? also the truck has a 4in lift and 35" tires. he is asking 26,000 for truck. kbb trade in is 17,xxx and kbb private is 22,xxx..what would be a good offer for truck knowing what i know. truck apperence is very clean inside and out. Thanks guys!! really looking forward to what yall have to say.
-Jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 PM

If KBB or NADA is at $22k+, I would offer $19,387 and see if he bites. He's asking way too much, especially considering he doesn't have much done to the truck. Some people might see the aftermarket stuff as something that de-values the truck. Do you know how long it has been for sale? I wouldn't worry the EGR issues since it is deleted now.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You must have booked that truck with out a diesel, trade in on that truck is around $29,000 assuming it's clean.
2008 Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD Prices, Values & Super Duty F-350 SRW Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD Price Specs | NADAguides

With that said, that's a great deal!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
^^^ I was going to say that KBB price is way out of whack. A good price for that truck is going to be in the 26-29k range depending on condition of the exterior as well as the condition of the seats.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What those guys said, I almost bought a truck just like that but stock (full options) for 32,000, dark stone, new tires, only 45k, oasis was just oil changes and maitenance stuff, but the dealership it was at would only give me 4500 for my 7.3, so I had to walk away, I miss those heated leather seats right now though, sniff sniff...
Old 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
If KBB or NADA is at $22k+, I would offer $19,387 and see if he bites. He's asking way too much, especially considering he doesn't have much done to the truck. Some people might see the aftermarket stuff as something that de-values the truck. Do you know how long it has been for sale? I wouldn't worry the EGR issues since it is deleted now.
see i cant figure out how kbb and nada come up with there prices! and which one to follow off of. the only tihng i could see that he has on the truck that would be worth anything would be the tires/programmer/dpf delete. thats it. no the egr has not been deleted it. its been forsale for what i know of for maybe 2 weeks..? give or take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
You must have booked that truck with out a diesel, trade in on that truck is around $29,000 assuming it's clean.
2008 Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD Prices, Values & Super Duty F-350 SRW Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD Price Specs | NADAguides

With that said, that's a great deal!
well the truck is a 250 did i say 350 or does that matter when your doing pricing on NADA? same thing do you know how they get there prices what would you offer a truck like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud2k View Post
^^^ I was going to say that KBB price is way out of whack. A good price for that truck is going to be in the 26-29k range depending on condition of the exterior as well as the condition of the seats.
inside and out the truck is in good shape. just dont know what a good offer would be I have not talked pricing with him yet all all, just got vin, pictures and all that.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 PM

A lot of banks here use NADA to determine the loan value if that helps you any.

There have been a few trucks like that at dealers locally with about 125-140k miles (KR with fully-loaded interiors (nav or rear DVD)) and they stickered from $24-28k

It's all going to depend on your market. We have a lot of trucks down South, so it's not like you're holding on to something rare. In fact, one of the trucks I was looking at was in SC (over a year ago) and most of their prices seemed to be right in line with MS prices.

It's your decision though if you want a truck that's been hauling and has been modified. Some people don't like that.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doss View Post
A lot of banks here use NADA to determine the loan value if that helps you any.

There have been a few trucks like that at dealers locally with about 125-140k miles (KR with fully-loaded interiors (nav or rear DVD)) and they stickered from $24-28k

It's all going to depend on your market. We have a lot of trucks down South, so it's not like you're holding on to something rare. In fact, one of the trucks I was looking at was in SC (over a year ago) and most of their prices seemed to be right in line with MS prices.

It's your decision though if you want a truck that's been hauling and has been modified. Some people don't like that.
SO if the trucks stickered at 24-28 at a dealer that means they do have some mark-up on those trucks correct? so offering 23 or 24 for the truck i am looking at would not be crazy would it? yes i understand what you mean about it not being a rare truck truck trust me, i just like it cause its a lot closer to me, im fine with the fact its hauled, not a fan of the 5th wheel at all. my only concern with this truck where its located there are hills (greenville,sc) so with hauling a camper i want to know how the tranny is along with breaks and rotors. as for the mods i was honestly going to tune it after i got it.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboywv12 View Post
SO if the trucks stickered at 24-28 at a dealer that means they do have some mark-up on those trucks correct? so offering 23 or 24 for the truck i am looking at would not be crazy would it? yes i understand what you mean about it not being a rare truck truck trust me, i just like it cause its a lot closer to me, im fine with the fact its hauled, not a fan of the 5th wheel at all. my only concern with this truck where its located there are hills (greenville,sc) so with hauling a camper i want to know how the tranny is along with breaks and rotors. as for the mods i was honestly going to tune it after i got it.
i think doss was talking about them hotrodding it while they had it. thats why i bought a stock one. there is a limit on a stock truck. with having 300 extra hp you can act crazy in a truck. you have no idea how he treated it being tuned, he could have beat the heck out of it and you could be getting his left over problems. thats my only worry about buying a modded truck
Old 12-18-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker007 View Post
i think doss was talking about them hotrodding it while they had it. thats why i bought a stock one. there is a limit on a stock truck. with having 300 extra hp you can act crazy in a truck. you have no idea how he treated it being tuned, he could have beat the heck out of it and you could be getting his left over problems. thats my only worry about buying a modded truck
yeah i know exactly what you mean! its kind of ran through my mind. after talking to the guy though several times he claims he has another truck he used for his DD, and this was just his weekend/tow rig for him camper...only reason it was tuned because of the better towing power...but you guys are so right! idk maybe i should just move on, and keep looking :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.