Handgun mount - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Handgun mount

Anyone got one around the drivers side area? Looking for some place handy to mount the judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I wish I lived in your state. A cop in NJ would have a coronary if he saw a gun next to my driver's seat.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-15-2012, 04:58 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I remember there being a thread about this not too long ago. Do a search and you will find it. Although be warned I think that was the thread that turned into a few pages of Canada bashing.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 AM

The panel above the obd port and below wheel for a single stack auto.. the side of the center console between it and the seat for righty and a revolver.. I'm left handed, and my choices are limited to a degree..

I carry concealed.. having a clipped sleeve mounted in the consoles lid is a nice place to store that you can get to with reasonable speed, and which doesn't result in a bunch of fiddling to transition from carrying to driving..

I've only had this truck a little over a month.. I've yet to settle on a location, but the panel or the console lid are tur front runners, with the lid having slight edge because the h&s module and plug is pretty close to holstering on that panel.. I'd hate to knock it lose by accident..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Mine is clipped underneath the steering wheel on the removeable access panel. Works really nice since Im a right hander. If Im going to be in an area where I am worried about theft, but cant carry because of where I am going, I will clip it inside the lid of the center consol for safe keeping.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 PM

Pics please!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:09 PM

btt

I'd like some pictures too...

I did the "pluck" foam in my door panels for the extra magazines and flashlight.. etc
Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 AM

I used velcro to attach my holster between the center console an the seat. Im a left draw but that was the only place that i liked having my gun. I didn't want it bouncing around in the door each time i opened it.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08smoker08 View Post
I used velcro to attach my holster between the center console an the seat. Im a left draw but that was the only place that i liked having my gun. I didn't want it bouncing around in the door each time i opened it.
being a lefty, I tried that position too.. I put the grip toward the front of the truck to make it a kinda cross draw.. it will work, but, (being a lefty again), it's just as easy to lift the lid of the console w/ my right hand and draw from the holster attached w/ my left.. ya don't even have to fully open the lid..

I wouldn't mind having/installing a lock on the console, so as the weapon meets the required 'locked' rule while in places that don't allow carrying- such as the base I work on, picking up kid from school, ect..

I was most worried about the weapon rubbing against the console and wearing it down than anything.. there are enough squeaks and creaks out of that truck to be adding more..
Old 12-17-2012, 10:28 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Leave mine IWB or I just stick my CZ75DPCR under the folding armrest/front seat deal in a soft case. But I leave the case open so I can grab it if needed. I don't like people to know I carry, because guns cost lots of money and some people are dumb and steal. Otherwise I used a cheap IWB clip holster and clipped it under the steering wheel on the kick panel or whatever by mounting a small black peice of metal horizontally. (Clip the holster to that). So it's off to the right closer to the trans. I guess. Works well for me.

Edit: when I can't take it somehwere it kept in a gun safe that cannot be removed from the truck, well without tools anyway...

Last edited by rt_hawk; 12-17-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.