Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Coolant filter

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  tony97gt 
#1 ·
Looking to buy, dont care if sinister or dieselsite but looking for company that ships to Canada, without the rape charge :(
Where'd everyone (specifically from Canada) order from?

#2 · (Edited)
I ordered from dieselsite. I didn't think that the charges were so bad. Ill take a look around and see if I can find my receipt though.

Edit: costed me 195.00 with 2 extra filters. Shipping costed 45.00 which was included in the 195.00.

#3 ·
Thanks! I looked on dieselsite and saw shipping was about that ( $45), thought it was a bit much for what it is, but I doubt im gonna find any better.....
Im getting a dual steering stab kit with 2 shocks shipped for $60 for comparison... (From PMF)

#5 ·
Sinister I can find on ebay. shipping is $35. Might go with that, not sure yet.

#8 ·
There is no such thing as free shipping in Canada, or cheap. Especially if coming from the U.S to Canada. And if it isnt shipped with snail mail USPS we also get hit with customs/border fee's, and that aint cheap either...

#7 ·
I got mine off amazon. I forget how much they charged I think 50 bucks for shipping which is rediculous

#9 ·
I found the filter head piece by itself for around $30/35, add a filter and some hose/hose clamps...maybe Ill just make my own...

#11 ·
Where did you find the filter head from?

#13 ·
Yeah it was fleetguard, cant remember where I found it...i was searching the **** out of google last night looking for a decent deal and noticed it.

#15 ·
Yeah I got mine done a couple weekends ago.
Didnt cost me much really.

Filter base/head= $25
Filter= $10
3/8" hose=$8
Misc. pex/barb fittings+hose clamps=$12
Metal base, bolts for mounting=$0

Maybe $60 all said and done.

#16 ·
i just got my roll cage from s&w race cars, 199 for cage 272 for shipping even at 472 it was still cheaper than buying the same cage here,any forum members want to make a few bucks and start a parcel redirecting thing to canada? just say you have allot of friends with birthdays!!

#17 ·
I was gonna install one and then my mechanic was like if your gonna change your coolant every 25k miles anyway, what's the point?

I asked him about sand and gunk and he said if your changing it every 25k no need for flushing or filter.

What do y'all think?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#19 ·
I had my coolant coolant and had a chemical flush when they did my heads at 55k

i also just dumped all my coolant when I did my just for fun water pump/radiator/t stat / tensioner/hoses/belt/fan clutch at 90k

I always get trace amounts of casting sand not a lot but enough to be abrasive and wind up in the oil cooler

#20 ·
You are really going to flush every 25k? That is dedication my man! lol Its cheap insurance so Id still do it.

#21 ·
If you get the Sinister, make sure you remove all the fittings on the filter block, retape them, and reinstall them. Every one of mine leaked, which I discovered after install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.