2010 6.4 f350?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 6.4 f350??

hey guys might be buying a new truck its a 2010 f350 xlt scsb 6.4 it has 45k on it completely stock the dealership put brand new tires on it fuel filters oil change. what should i look for just looked around it and started it up sounded good but dosnt tell to much going to actually test drive it tomorrow and there letting me keep it for a few days. also there asking 34900$ good price? i some what knew the guy that owned it before he bought it and had all the maintenance done at the dealership he never really pulled much with it more of his dd landscaping business truck. so far they took a grand off and giving me a great trade in price but was wondering what u guys think is a good but reasonable price for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by princetontigers View Post
hey guys might be buying a new truck its a 2010 f350 xlt scsb 6.4 it has 45k on it completely stock the dealership put brand new tires on it fuel filters oil change. what should i look for just looked around it and started it up sounded good but dosnt tell to much going to actually test drive it tomorrow and there letting me keep it for a few days. also there asking 34900$ good price? i some what knew the guy that owned it before he bought it and had all the maintenance done at the dealership he never really pulled much with it more of his dd landscaping business truck. so far they took a grand off and giving me a great trade in price but was wondering what u guys think is a good but reasonable price for it?
Price seems about right, if not a little on the higerh side. I picked up a 2010 Lariat FX4, fully loaded with everything but navigation, 30k miles, 100k extended warranty for $39k. If you look around you could probably get an XLT for closer to 30k-32k with 45k miles
Old 12-13-2012, 03:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Price seems close. Get an oasis on the truck. If everything looks good, I would go ahead and do it.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Premium Member

Seems a little on the higher side. kinda depends on what the options are though. If its just a bone stock xlt, id probably try to get a little more off., but its not a bad price being a 2010.

Oasis...carfax...drive it. pay attention to the play in the steering wheel or death wobble. hitting some potholes on the freeway can help you out there. if it does...probably needs balljoints.etc. of course its under warranty..so thats not a big deal
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to sicwitted44
6.4 weak links?

are the known weak links in the 6.4 alleviated by doing the cat dpf removal,egr block off and coolant filter? i've heard the stock 6.4 studs and head gaskets are a huge improvement over the stock 6.0s and dont need to be upgraded. also i replaced my fuel filters today and they looked awfull. the filter in the engine bay was solid black and the one next to the frame was pretty dark too. does the truck give you a code or warning light when your filters need attention?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to sicwitted44
sorry bout that last post guys i meant for that to be a new thread
Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicwitted44 View Post
are the known weak links in the 6.4 alleviated by doing the cat dpf removal,egr block off and coolant filter? i've heard the stock 6.4 studs and head gaskets are a huge improvement over the stock 6.0s and dont need to be upgraded. also i replaced my fuel filters today and they looked awfull. the filter in the engine bay was solid black and the one next to the frame was pretty dark too. does the truck give you a code or warning light when your filters need attention?
No there is no warning light for fuel filter change, at least I've never noticed one. I learned my lesson though, I let my fuel filters go 22K, totally forgot, too much work. It ended up killing the HPFP and 800 dollars later it was fine, I change them every 8K now.

Doing the deletes will definitely make your truck stonger.

James.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:55 PM

2010 f250 xlt fx4 superduty supercab off road pkg. in excellent cond. some up grades, 1 year ago pd. $32,000, 45,000 mi. Good trade in price. I bought 60,000 mi premium bumper to bumper extended warranty for piece of mind. all stock no problems to date, I use it daily and for towing a 30 ft travel trailor, I was looking for a work horse and thats what it is. With regular maintenace I hope for 300,000 + mi.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

little confusion wont be getting the truck till tomorrow and keeping it for the weekend. Got em to 33k told em to do better its got the fx4 package with 6cd changer sync back up camera and sensors tow with the aux switches and some other stuff im prolly forgetting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.