Truck accelerated on its own - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:19 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck accelerated on its own

This morning as I was backing out of my driveway the truck accelerated on its own as if I had floored it. Lucky I had my foot on the brake or I would have smashed into my house. I quickly turned the motor off, put in park and restarted. All was OK after that.....Scary...Left rubber on the pavement. It did this one other time a couple of months ago.
Running HD300 tunes.
Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 AM

No Codes detected via H&S tuner.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Scary....Please keep us informed! Good luck!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 AM

You need to get this problem checked immediately before you get hurt or hurt someone else.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
My throttle has been raising up to 1000 while rolling in the driveway or in a fast food drive through.. I had other issues so I took my truck into the shop.. I'll post up details when I find out something

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 AM

Was thinking Throttle Position Sensor?????
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 AM

Check your oil for fuel, you may be over full due to fuel dilution. If so you probably have a bad injector or two and your leaking fuel into the crank case, from then all it takes is getting a little bit of it sucked up by one or more of the pistons and then the engine won't know the difference it will burn that fuel just as if your giving it throttle. Turning it off won't stop it either until it burns all the fuel.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:30 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Mine will do it too sometimes. It doesn't leave burnouts but if I'm backing it into the driveway and hit the pedal lightly it will hold it about 1000 for a second which scared the crap out of me the first few times. Now I don't really even take notice. Not sure why it does this. Did it when it was stock at 15k miles and still does it occasionally now. I have actually gotten on it and the rpms hang after I let off for a second or two.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
Check your oil for fuel, you may be over full due to fuel dilution. If so you probably have a bad injector or two and your leaking fuel into the crank case, from then all it takes is getting a little bit of it sucked up by one or more of the pistons and then the engine won't know the difference it will burn that fuel just as if your giving it throttle. Turning it off won't stop it either until it burns all the fuel.
I will check that ..... But this truck was warming up for like 4-5 minutes before I got in and put in reverse with my foot on the brake.Then gave a light touch on throttle to get her moving and then back on the brake..it started accelerating as I started moving backwards. Turned off the motor with key immediately and restarted in park...No problem.
If I had a leaking injector that leaked into the crankcase....wouldn't it have burned away any excess fuel during the warmup?
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
Mine will do it too sometimes. It doesn't leave burnouts but if I'm backing it into the driveway and hit the pedal lightly it will hold it about 1000 for a second which scared the crap out of me the first few times. Now I don't really even take notice. Not sure why it does this. Did it when it was stock at 15k miles and still does it occasionally now. I have actually gotten on it and the rpms hang after I let off for a second or two.
Mine was on its way to WOT.....was not going to stop at 1000rpm as it was past that when I turned off the motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.