Ford esp warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 02:37 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ford esp warranty

Just wondering if any one knows if the will replace the drivers seat bottom under warranty?? My steering wheel is a lot getting really crappy but I can't find anywhere that it list that. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which warranty do you have? ESP refers to a group of 4 different warranties + 2 diesel specific warranties.

If you have the PremiumCare, it should. If that is not what you have, let me know and I'll look it up to see if it's covered.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:41 AM

They told me that it was the best warranty that ford has to offer. I just like knowing these things before I bother bringing it in. Also wondering if it covers the clear peeling on the wheels. Here is my vin 1FTSW21R88ED81403. Thanks for your help. Must be you work at a dealer
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02 AM

No, I don't work at the dealer but I do work closely with one when I need to. I have done a lot of research on Ford warranties so, I try to help people as much as possible because it is a very confusing system at first.

Oddly, I see no literature on the seats (besides the motors and controls) and I'm pretty sure the peeling clearcoat on the wheels is not covered.

All is not lost though, go talk to your local service manager and see what they'll cover. If that is not satisfactory, get the Ford corporate number from him to escalate the inquiry.

This may seem like a lot of trouble, but it's really not. I sat in my driveway and made two calls about an issue (local dealer and then Ford corporate) and it took me all of 20 minutes (that included a lengthy talk about things over the phone).

It's worth a try and sometimes the dealer will just "work with you."
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

worked for ford for 21 years ,and from my experience i dont think they will, esp does have alot of red tape when it comes to trim/body type repairs , but for the most part they will say it is normal wear and not a material flaw
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM

Right, you have to remember they will not cover wear and tear items or damage under warranty. It is for material or workmanship defects (or parts failure).

But, like I said, some dealers are willing to at least work with you and there is no harm in trying to get it done on Ford's dime. The most you have to lose is your time.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:17 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doss View Post
Right, you have to remember they will not cover wear and tear items or damage under warranty. It is for material or workmanship defects (or parts failure).

But, like I said, some dealers are willing to at least work with you and there is no harm in trying to get it done on Ford's dime. The most you have to lose is your time.
hey id try it , i have seen them split the bill as well , never hurts to try
Old 11-30-2012, 01:12 PM

I got all of my seats except for one bottom replaced/recovered under the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Experienced lots of fading and discolouring in my leather and they were all replaced. It doesn't hurt to ask the warranty guy at the dealership to take a couple pictures and submit a claim to Ford. Worst thing that happens is Ford denies the claim. The leather and labor to replace my seats was close to $8000.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:45 PM

Does anyone have contact info for ford corporate I rather would start with them. Thanks for everyone's help this is my first ford.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Advantage View Post
I got all of my seats except for one bottom replaced/recovered under the factory bumper to bumper warranty. Experienced lots of fading and discolouring in my leather and they were all replaced. It doesn't hurt to ask the warranty guy at the dealership to take a couple pictures and submit a claim to Ford. Worst thing that happens is Ford denies the claim. The leather and labor to replace my seats was close to $8000.
bumper to bumper is handled quite a bit different than esp warranty which is what the original poster has
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.