Leaking radiator warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leaking radiator warranty

I dont want to beat a dead horse here but I need some input on what other have experienced as far as warranty for replacing the ever so common leaking radiator. The dealer told me that the warranty would cover it on the phone. I bring the vehicle in (2008 sold new in march in 2009 with 46k miles) and now they are telling me a radiator is not covered under the diesel powertrain warranty and that i owe them $250 diagnostic fee. Is this normal for the radiator to be only covered under the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper? I was under the assumotion this would have been covered but perhaps i am wrong. I also told the to take a look at my front main seal/low pressure pump are as it is moist and leaking and I was told it can't be warrantied as it is not actually leaking and it is just a little moist. This seems like bs to me and maybe i need to find another deal but i just want some opinions before i go make a big issue and find out i am wrong. Thank in advance for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I called Ford corporate on this a month ago and they said that's how it's done now. There is currently no TSB that will cover it. If anyone knows of one though, please feel free to chime in. But, you're still under the 5 yr/100k warranty which, I believe, should still cover it. Call the corporate number (you can ask the service department for it) and they can give you a better answer. They denied mine b/c I was over 5 years.->

I went over time on mine (late 2007 purchase) and they couldn't do anything for me. I think I got lucky though and it isn't actually leaking from the radiator. I saw some dried coolant type residue on the end cap and thought it was the cause for the low coolant dropped 2 inches in the overflow over a year). Noticed on the EGR that there was some coolant drops leaking out. I'm thinking that was the cause.

We'll see. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Thanks for the input. I actually just spoke with ford corporate who said i should be covered and opened up a case for me. I called the dealer back and he still told me the radiator isnt covered under the powertrain warranty and is only covered under the bumper to bumper. Howeveer, he told me there was an esp plan on my truck from the original owner and that i could transfer it. I called ford corporate back again and they told me i had to wait up to 5 business days for them to investigate the case. Have a feeling im getting a giant circle jerk. I have no problem replacing the radiator should it be my responsibility but with all the issues people are having relating to this it is rediculous. I bought the vehicle two weeks ago but the dealer is 4 hours away. I may contact them and see if they have any warranty on the vehicle from time of purchase. My local dealer told me all ford dealers have 90 warranty on used vehicles. Problem is id have to drive the truck 4 hours and leave it there and return another 4 hours to pick it up. idk if 16 hours of travel time and fuel/tolls is worth the aggravation
Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM

Well, if you can transfer the ESP that's great. If Ford corp says it's covered, get them online with the dealership. That should be your next step.

If it's covered by the original dealer for 90 days, I'd have the local dealer fax them the paperwork on what needs to be done.

Hope that helps some.

Yes, it is a bit ridiculous that they toy around with us so much over the radiator leaks. They know they're occurring and don't want to own up to them any more because they couldn't figure it out the first 2 or 3 times and now they are just waiting us out. Most of the people that have leaks have either moved on or got one repaired that doesn't leak any more. The remainder of us that are having late life issues are just stuck dealing with the hassle of getting it repaired.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Don't you worry about it

i just installed my 2nd one not including the factory one. 1st one was covered under my ESP and the second one was out of pocket.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 PM

I was told esp may not cover the radiator either. I actually starting to think this is funny. I was worried about tuning and deleting and voiding my warranty but seems like the warranty is good for nothing anyway. If i cant get it resolved im gonna buy an aftermarket from radiatorbarn and fix it myself
Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM

I am going to call ford tomorrow anout transferring the eap and see init covers the radiator
Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 PM

ESP doesn't mean anything. There are many levels of ESP and the coverage varies drastically. PremiumCare covers everything. ExtraCare covers most. BaseCare covers less. PowertrainCare even less. Then you have the DieselCare warranties which cover different things also.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Don't you worry about it

I had premium care
Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 PM

I knew the issues when i bought this truck two weeks ago ad purposely bought a nicer shape lower mileage vehicle with full service record and still the dam pos leaks lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.