HELP!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HELP!!!

My warranty is almost up and my f250 is puking coolaint from the degas bottle. it mainly does it when pulling my loaded horse trailer. My dealership, which is awesome, does not have a trailer to test the truck with. My ponies and trailer are an hour away. I don't really want to load the horses up and drag them on a two hour round trip and then pull them around to get it to puke for the dealer. Any ideas????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You'll need to put a load on it. Honestly, for the amount of money this may cost you out of pocket, I would probably be more than willing to go get the trailer and load it up just to get the work done.

Either that or you can get a U-Haul or similar car hauler and load it with another car (heavy preferably) and tow it around. I don't know what size horse trailer you have or if it's a 5th wheel or not, but that may work.

Otherwise, you could just get it warm and find a big, long local hill and go full throttle up it. You may end up doing more damage though but it may make your truck puke.

One more option, load the bed down with about 2 cubic yards of topsoil or sand. That should cost about $50 total and would put the strain on your truck going up a hill.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Premium Member

can you fill the trailer up with hay bails? sounds like a PITA .. but would be easier than loading up the ponies.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer250 View Post
My warranty is almost up and my f250 is puking coolaint from the degas bottle. it mainly does it when pulling my loaded horse trailer. My dealership, which is awesome, does not have a trailer to test the truck with. My ponies and trailer are an hour away. I don't really want to load the horses up and drag them on a two hour round trip and then pull them around to get it to puke for the dealer. Any ideas????
Don't they have a way to pressure test the cooling system?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^ THIS!
They should be able to test it without straining it... But, if not I would go with the soil option in the bed, large hill, and giving it some power through. That will simulate towing and will puke if the problem is HG.

are you sure it's not just the EGR cooler, Bad Coolant bottle cap, overfilled coolant bottle higher then the MINIMUM line?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Premium Member

check your degas bottle cap.. mine was puking and i replaced degas bottle cap with a stant cap.. no more puking..
Old 11-27-2012, 08:08 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I called a local equipment rental company and they will rent me a trailer with a tractor on it to pull for the dealer for $50. That sounds like the plan I will take if needed. They checked and replaced the thermostats and degas cap last week. It is my understanding that a bad head gasket will not always show up with the pressure test they use. I called my service rep and told him I would rent the trailer if needed. He is going to let me know what they find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.