2008 f350 leveling kit, tire wobble ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 f350 leveling kit, tire wobble ?

I have a 2008 King ranch f350, Im looking to do a leveling kit , need 2 it seems in the front, I have looked on this forum for this , but not much that i found to help me,

Im looking to do the 2 fift up front, but there is so many different kits for sale, I remember reading about major tire wobble when the leveling kit is done,

does anyone have and experience on what kits cause the wobble or what ones are good, most of all what kits are trash and what is the best kits.

Im looking to keep my truck and want the best, I have 20 x35 trail grap tires, and im in the process of getting ready to get shocks at the same time, billstine 5100s they seem to look the best and have more feed back of a smoother ride, i dont do much towing and have helper bags if i ever tow,

your help on picking a leveling kit would be great, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
did you get it alligned after the leveling kit? needs an alignments after any kind of lift!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
did you get it alligned after the leveling kit?

He hasn't done anything yet

ready lift gets good reviews and upgrading the stabilizer has nothing ut good results
Old 11-16-2012, 07:52 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
He hasn't done anything yet

ready lift gets good reviews and upgrading the stabilizer has nothing ut good results
No i understand that, however i still believe in getting alignments after any kind of lift!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have not done the level kit, Im still looking for the best one with the best reviews

also looking for a duel stabilizer kit, would like to get duel Billstines but dont see that it exists.

but yes when i have the level kit complete i will go get and alignment, that given, I have free alignments for life,
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the reason im asking is my buddy has a 6.0 and he did a 2” lift kit and he had highspeed wobbles all the time, Im trying to avoid this
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM

I'm going with fox shocks myself.

It's referred to as death wobble. They need to make sure everything is tight and to check to ensure that the bushing in the control arms aren't worn out. Bad tires can also cause this.

For 2" you can get taller springs or or spacer that sits on top of factory springs. Also you will more than likely need a front adjustable track bar to center the axle under the front of the truck.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:07 PM

One contributing factor of the death wobble after lifting the front is a loss of caster. Many kits don't come with a fix for that. I am a motorcycle guy, so I think of it like a bike with very little rake and it gets head shake. Same thing.

I just did a 2 1/2" level and after an alignment I am outside the necessary range. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I am at .6 degrees and they said it should be at something like 2.6-4.5.

Like you, I have lifetime alignment. So now that I know the numbers, I will install the proper caster bushings and then take it back in.

I am still pretty new to the truck world, so hopefully I haven't said anything that is incorrect.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
I am running the top gun customz 2.5 leveling kit. It works great and makes the truck sit level. I also have Top guns dual steering stabilizer with 5100's as well as a longer track bar to correct the geometry. My truck rides great with all of this. If I were you I would look into the kit I have, or an Icon kit. The icon kit comes with the castor shims but no track bar. The Icon kit rides great as well (my friend has that kit). Pic is in my sig of my truck. It looks like its slightly nose high but that is just the angle of the photo.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Buy progressive springs from rough country, best way to level. Did mine 30k miles ago and as or better than stock ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.