Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High idle issues

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  srjd 
#1 ·
I've had my high idle hooked up almost two years now. I sometimes get the wrench light and code P162e unknown I clear it and it idles right up. The last few days it lonly works sometimes. I checked the conections all is good. I have noticed it doesn't seem to work when I have code p703 for the brake switch. I've got that code randomly for years just cleared it and cruise control would work again. Now I couldn't clear that code it just stayed there and high idle would not work. I wiggles a bunch of things under by the brake and high idle works. Is this coincidence or is this brake switch causing this problem. Either way where is this brake switch what does it look like and how hard is it to replace. Sorry for the long description just trying to give as much info as possible

#3 ·
Doing some moresearch I've found there are two brake switches. One by the peddle and one under the hood by the master cylinder. Which one fixes p0703

#6 ·
That might be true but has nothing to do with my problem. I'm finding out this pressure switch has caused a lot of people's cruise to not work. And makes sense for my high idle not working too because when it fails the truck thinks the brakes are applied and when the brakes are applied it cancels high idle and cruise

#7 ·
I had the same issue with my cruise the one that fixed my problem is located on the bottom of the master cylinder, its the very first one from the front of the truck back as there are 2 on there. Not sure what the second one is for. after changing it never had any more problems hope this helps.

#8 ·
G4dadon thanks for the reply I'm going to pick one up and replace it when I get home

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.