Has anyone gone to a 6.2 Raptor? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone gone to a 6.2 Raptor?

Now that the 2013 raptors are out, I am really like the changes they made to them. Has anyone gone from a diesel to a 6.2 raptor? And if so what did you like and not like and would you do it again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you've driven an even lightly modded diesel, you will be seriously disappointed in the 6.2

A few weeks back I went to go check out a new 6.7 and since they didn't have a platinum package F250 for me to look at, the salesman talk me into taking a 6.2 raptor for a ride. For being 411 hp, it felt seriously under powered. It was a great looking truck, packed with options, just didn't have enough motor. And I'm not wanting to spend $6k for a supercharger
Old 11-10-2012, 04:36 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
My dad is selling his hummer and buying one. Anyone want a 2004 h2 victory red limited edition with about 30k miles on it? Lol. I read somewhere about the new beadlock rims that mount like regular rims but you can mount them on the bead lock too. I can't remember what magazine I read it in but haven't seen the rims on fords website. I don't like the rims on the 2012 and what they show online for the 2013
Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 PM

I really wanted a Raptor, but did not want a payment... so I made my F250 "raptorish". I am glad I kept my 6.4, but I still have a soft spot for the Raptor... no denying they are BA

As far as the power goes... my brother runs a Mustang shop and has "tuned" several 6.2 Raptors, I think he gets an additional 45-50hp with just a tune, and the gas pedal is much more responsive. I have driven a "tuned" truck, in my opinion they have plenty of power and will smoke the 35" BFGs...
Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 PM

the term "gasser trash" exists for a reason
Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 PM

huh ^^^^
Old 11-10-2012, 03:46 PM

Stay wit a diesel unless u got alot of money 4 gas...a person i kno gets like 10-12mpg empty...

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 11-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post
the term "gasser trash" exists for a reason

Solid contribution to the thread. BRO!.......... (sarcasm)
Also, I don't think anyone but you calls a Ford Raptor "gasser trash" I'm pretty sure you just made that up.

To the OP, the Ford Raptors are amazing trucks. The suspension that they are equipped with from the factory is nothing short of amazing (for a factory truck). They handle the bumps better than any f250 could dream of. The power of the truck is more than adequate. They will spin the 35" tires and pull quite a bit for a half ton. My best friend has one and I have spent plenty of time behind the wheel so I do know what I am talking about. Are they the same as an F250? No. But they're not meant to be. They are in a completely different class. If I could stomach (stomach, not afford) the $55k price tag I would have one in a heartbeat. Once the price comes down on a used one I will definitely look into one. They are quite a bit more comfortable to drive than an f250, plus I love the look of the trucks. It really comes down to what you use the truck for. If you tow heavy, stick with the F250. If you drive a truck because you like the way they look/ride/feel and still need the towing capabilities of a truck I'd definitely look long and hard at the raptors.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ehhh... IMO the Raptor is the ultimate poser vehicle, unless of course you actually do hit the dunes with it. Around here, there's no dunes, but it doesn't stop the kids from parading them up and down main street and talking about lift, winches, and mud terrains. I love reminding them if they were that serious about leaving the pavement, they wouldn't have bought a Raptor.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete37922 View Post
Stay wit a diesel unless u got alot of money 4 gas...a person i kno gets like 10-12mpg empty...

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I dont think thats a vehicle u would buy if you were looking at an economical vehicle lol. it has 4.10 gears so basically its made for low end torque.

and im sure 90% of the people that buy raptors use it as they would any other truck. not everyone pays 50k for a truck to take it and jump it and beat the piss out of a brand new truck. a lot of gasser haters on here i see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.