New 6.4L Owner Tomorrow! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 6.4L Owner Tomorrow!

Hello,

My first post here and tomorrow I should be picking up a Job 3 2008 F350 Lariat w/ 36,000 miles. I already have a few plans, should have DP back exhaust by the end of the week if there is one in stock up here in AK as well as an H&S tuner. I will probably hold off on an intake unless it is necessary.

I'll attach a few pictures that are on the dealers website for now, I'll be taking off the chrome bug deflector right away as I am not a fan of chrome.

As you can see the grill and bumper are color matched (is this a factory option?) I have only seen the outsides of the grill color matched before and the bumper color matched on some 2 tone models.

Since this is a Job 3 I assume the radiator problem should be taken care of already, is there anything other then DPF delete I should do right away (I'll be holding off on the EGR delete until spring)?
Attached Thumbnails
New 6.4L Owner Tomorrow!-f350.jpg   New 6.4L Owner Tomorrow!-f350_2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Premium Member

an Oasis report can tell you about the radiator probably if it was done at a dearership. The color match im pretty sure isnt a factory deal unless its an FX4 package. most of the lariats are chrome. for sure lose the bug shield.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks, I called one of the local dealers and they only showed an oil change and a fuel filter change 2 years ago. No recalls due on it.

I pulled a Car Fax report on it and it has been through 4 owners! That worries me a little bit, it was originally sold in Canada, it went to Washington from there and now it is here in AK. The first 3 owners reported as Commercial (one only had it for 2 days and it was Auctioned off), the last owner was private.

I guess the only thing I'd have to worry about is high engine hours being owned commercially, it may have had allot of idle time, these trucks have an engine hour meter if I remember correctly don't they?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
yikes 4 owners??? could be reposession on the auction maybe. So no wrecks on it????
the color matched front end is most likely repainted. most of the color matched front ends are fx4's but they use the grill design like the one i have on my truck in my signature just painted. Low mile truck and for it to not have any work done to it under warranty sounds like ya found a good one the only thing worries me is the 4 owners. and a note about that bug shield since you plan on taking it off. when you go to check it out, look behind the shield, my buddy bought a used 2009 with the same bug shield and it wore through the paint i guess from it vibrating from the wind. my other friend has a f150 that is all scratched up behind that one too. too be honest im not quite sure why people put them dumb things on there, you wouldnt think they would do very much to help but who knows
Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_awd View Post
Thanks, I called one of the local dealers and they only showed an oil change and a fuel filter change 2 years ago. No recalls due on it.

I pulled a Car Fax report on it and it has been through 4 owners! That worries me a little bit, it was originally sold in Canada, it went to Washington from there and now it is here in AK. The first 3 owners reported as Commercial (one only had it for 2 days and it was Auctioned off), the last owner was private.

I guess the only thing I'd have to worry about is high engine hours being owned commercially, it may have had allot of idle time, these trucks have an engine hour meter if I remember correctly don't they?
Yes there is an hour meter in the display. Just have to scroll through the menu and hit "system check". I believe the hours will come up first.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
yikes 4 owners??? could be reposession on the auction maybe. So no wrecks on it????
the color matched front end is most likely repainted. most of the color matched front ends are fx4's but they use the grill design like the one i have on my truck in my signature just painted. Low mile truck and for it to not have any work done to it under warranty sounds like ya found a good one the only thing worries me is the 4 owners. and a note about that bug shield since you plan on taking it off. when you go to check it out, look behind the shield, my buddy bought a used 2009 with the same bug shield and it wore through the paint i guess from it vibrating from the wind. my other friend has a f150 that is all scratched up behind that one too. too be honest im not quite sure why people put them dumb things on there, you wouldnt think they would do very much to help but who knows
No wrecks, the Car Fax was completely clean other then going through 4 owners. I will look it over carefully.

I was thinking the same thing about the paint underneath the bug shield, my last pickup had one and it wore through the paint like your friends. They are asking NADA Blue Book for it, $36,850 but after seeing 4 owners and the possibility of the hood being messed up from the bug shield they should knock that price down some, also it looks like it has been sitting on their lot for 5 months.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_awd View Post
No wrecks, the Car Fax was completely clean other then going through 4 owners. I will look it over carefully.

I was thinking the same thing about the paint underneath the bug shield, my last pickup had one and it wore through the paint like your friends. They are asking NADA Blue Book for it, $36,850 but after seeing 4 owners and the possibility of the hood being messed up from the bug shield they should knock that price down some, also it looks like it has been sitting on their lot for 5 months.
yup just use that stuff to your advantage and beat them up on the price. Good luck and its a sharp looking truck. if you like it when u test drive it, im telling you, when you do the deletes on that bad boy, you would have thought ya bought a corvette that tows trailers
Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
yup just use that stuff to your advantage and beat them up on the price. Good luck and its a sharp looking truck. if you like it when u test drive it, im telling you, when you do the deletes on that bad boy, you would have thought ya bought a corvette that tows trailers
Yeah I can't wait, my dad has an 08 with DPF delete and H&S tune, it's the reason I am getting one. It should be close to what my car was in a straight line anyway, with the ability to haul my toys. I just wish my garage was a few feet longer to accommodate it lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That's actually a stock color combo. Probably not repainted. But the price seems steep, if you ask me. I've seen 2011's with around 70k-80k miles for about that same price.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
That's actually a stock color combo. Probably not repainted. But the price seems steep, if you ask me. I've seen 2011's with around 70k-80k miles for about that same price.
Good to know about the grill/bumper, thanks. Keep in mind though, this is Alaska, completely different market up here. I have thought about flying down and driving one up as another option (allot of the dealers up here buy used cars at auction from the lower 48 and ship them up here).

I would rather have an 08 with 36k then a 2011 with 70-80k though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.