New happy 6.4 Owner and intro! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
New happy 6.4 Owner and intro!

Owned a powerstroke for quite a long time, but never had a crew cab, Me and my wife are at a point where we would like to expand our family so even though my super cab 7.3 would work with 4 or 5 people it was not fun craming 3 of us in there and hearing the question "are we almost there" every 20 mins. So I made the decision to trade in my 7.3 for a really clean 2008 CCSB F-250 XLT PSD. It was owned by a DJ who only used it on the weekend to haul his stuff to weddings and small concerts. it currently has 89,000 on it. They sold my truck before I even brought it there and I only paid 19k out the door with my trade. I hate having payments but I should get plenty of years with this truck after I pay it off (just like my 7.3 did for me). Its extremly clean and has a ton of options, and no leather! (didnt want leather, I farm and like cloth seats better) The dealership changed all the fluids, ATF, engine oil, coolant, diffs, transfer case, put 5 new BFgoodrich rugged all terrians on it, did an alignment, new pads and rotors 4X and did a full detail. They even made sure all the bullietins (like the lower radiator hose) were taken care of. Very impressed by this dealer in Iowa, if you need a quality truck talk to Birdnow Motors in Jesup Iowa, Rex (my sales guy) was very honest, listened to me and worked with me on all my requests, like the fluid changes. They also held the truck for a week without money down until I could get down there and check it out...Anyway I am excited to learn about my new truck and I cant get over how awesome of a job Ford did with this F-250. Here is a picture of my new F-250 the day I drove it home and another one of my old F-250 before I let her go.....yesterday! Very happy to be a member of the 6.4 club!! Sorry for writing a book...

Have two quick questions:

1) Can someone recommend some quality seat covers? Waterproof is a must, universal fit is fine, just want to know what other people have used and what worked well...not looking to spend more than $100 for the front seats ($200 total w/ backseats).

2) Some quality floor mats that work well in the front and back and that will hold water...

Sean
Attached Thumbnails
New happy 6.4 Owner and intro!-new-trucky-.jpg   New happy 6.4 Owner and intro!-old-f-250.jpg  

Last edited by rt_hawk; 11-04-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 06:39 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would recommend WeatherTech or Husky for floor mats. I always use these two brands to protect my floors... I currently have the WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liner and I think its worth the money. They look great, clean easily, hold mud and snow, and won't slide around too easily when you jump in and out of your truck.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt_hawk View Post
Owned a powerstroke for quite a long time, but never had a crew cab, Me and my wife are at a point where we would like to expand our family so even though my super cab 7.3 would work with 4 or 5 people it was not fun craming 3 of us in there and hearing the question "are we almost there" every 20 mins. So I made the decision to trade in my 7.3 for a really clean 2008 CCSB F-250 XLT PSD. It was owned by a DJ who only used it on the weekend to haul his stuff to weddings and small concerts. it currently has 89,000 on it. They sold my truck before I even brought it there and I only paid 19k out the door with my trade. I hate having payments but I should get plenty of years with this truck after I pay it off (just like my 7.3 did for me). Its extremly clean and has a ton of options, and no leather! (didnt want leather, I farm and like cloth seats better) The dealership changed all the fluids, ATF, engine oil, coolant, diffs, transfer case, put 5 new BFgoodrich rugged all terrians on it, did an alignment, new pads and rotors 4X and did a full detail. They even made sure all the bullietins (like the lower radiator hose) were taken care of. Very impressed by this dealer in Iowa, if you need a quality truck talk to Birdnow Motors in Jesup Iowa, Rex (my sales guy) was very honest, listened to me and worked with me on all my requests, like the fluid changes. They also held the truck for a week without money down until I could get down there and check it out...Anyway I am excited to learn about my new truck and I cant get over how awesome of a job Ford did with this F-250. Here is a picture of my new F-250 the day I drove it home and another one of my old F-250 before I let her go.....yesterday! Very happy to be a member of the 6.4 club!! Sorry for writing a book...

Have two quick questions:

1) Can someone recommend some quality seat covers? Waterproof is a must, universal fit is fine, just want to know what other people have used and what worked well...not looking to spend more than $100 for the front seats ($200 total w/ backseats).

2) Some quality floor mats that work well in the front and back and that will hold water...

Sean
Congrats on the new truck .
Old 11-04-2012, 08:07 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How much did they give you trade in value for your truck?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 AM

Nice truck! And congratulations on having a 6.4!
Old 11-04-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks everybody!! I was given 8k for my 7.3...
Old 11-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Congrats on the new rig!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 AM

Thanks DSTRBD! Well I Picked up some husky liner floor matts and cabelas "trail gear" seat covers in tan. Love the husky matts, they can hold a lot of junk and the cabelas seat covers are really nice too for being universal fit. Made from cordura...should hold up ok against cow poo. Also have a winter grille cover coming (ford OEM)...this thing takes a while to get warm it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.