6.4 Owners only - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Huffing Diesel Fumes

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6.4 Owners only

Ok so I sold my 6.0 today and I am thinking about getting a 6.4.

I want to know your personal experience with them and any problems you have had as well as modifications and if you feel they helped to mitigate problems or caused them.

Please no hearsay only YOUR personal experience.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Ps. Please no discussion just what your experience is.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Find it, buy it, delete it, and enjoy the power. Although the 6.0's did sound better in IMO
Old 11-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have only had my 6.4L for about 90 days now and like it alot so far. I have tune with H&S minn and dpf/cat and a S&B intake. I have had no iusses yet with it. I will be doing a Blackstone oil test on it soon.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Huffing Diesel Fumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorsrock19 View Post
Find it, buy it, delete it, and enjoy the power. Although the 6.0's did sound better in IMO
Have you had any problems? If so what were they.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Don't you worry about it

I have an early 08 (03/07) with 107k miles on it. Currently it needs another radiator which will be the 2nd one since I've owned it. It's been tuned for probably 40k miles I think. I did blow the head gaskets running the 300 Hot Damn tune. It is a fast powerful truck that gets a ton of compliments. I have never owned a vehicle that people frequently tell me how good it looks.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Huffing Diesel Fumes

Thanks so far everyone. Keep them coming.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
crazy smoking from tail pipe... deleted problem solved. tiny leak from rear main oil seal fixed under warrenty.Only other problem is getting my wife out of the drivers seat she loves it too
Old 11-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Buy it Delete It

Despite what this may sound like I still recommend buying one, just read through to the end.

I see at least 3-4 Powerstroke 6.4L Diesel trucks a week for other than service maintenance. Most of the repair relate to the DPF & EGR emission systems, just last week we had 2 with 2 liters of fuel in the oil, 1 failed motor and one with the turbo y-pipe/u-pipe blown out at bellow which if not for the aftermarket 2 piece down-pipe would have been a cab off procedure.

1. Both fuel in oil situations were caused by fuel washing down the cylinder walls when trying to regen with a plugged solid DPF. Don't forget to change the oil after you do a DPF Delete!

2. Failed motor due to so much cylinder wash that one bank of cylinders had little compression left. So much blow by when we pulled the oil fill cap it was huffing like a freight train at 75,000kms.

3. Blown out turbo y-pipe/up-pipe caused by plugged solid DPF, exhaust has no where to go so blew out the up-pipe bellow.

So why would you buy one?

Because all the new trucks have DPF & EGR related issues, the Ford is one of the easiest ones to "fix" and when all is said and done the F350 is a more solid truck than the others.

I am all for a greener environment and these DPF systems and EGR systems are not going away but I sure wish they would stop using us as the Beta testers, these trucks are not cheap.

2 of the trucks are running great, the other one.... not so much

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps
Dave
Old 11-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Huffing Diesel Fumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave At BD Power View Post
Despite what this may sound like I still recommend buying one, just read through to the end.

I see at least 3-4 Powerstroke 6.4L Diesel trucks a week for other than service maintenance. Most of the repair relate to the DPF & EGR emission systems, just last week we had 2 with 2 liters of fuel in the oil, 1 failed motor and one with the turbo y-pipe/u-pipe blown out at bellow which if not for the aftermarket 2 piece down-pipe would have been a cab off procedure.

1. Both fuel in oil situations were caused by fuel washing down the cylinder walls when trying to regen with a plugged solid DPF. Don't forget to change the oil after you do a DPF Delete!

2. Failed motor due to so much cylinder wash that one bank of cylinders had little compression left. So much blow by when we pulled the oil fill cap it was huffing like a freight train at 75,000kms.

3. Blown out turbo y-pipe/up-pipe caused by plugged solid DPF, exhaust has no where to go so blew out the up-pipe bellow.

So why would you buy one?

Because all the new trucks have DPF & EGR related issues, the Ford is one of the easiest ones to "fix" and when all is said and done the F350 is a more solid truck than the others.

I am all for a greener environment and these DPF systems and EGR systems are not going away but I sure wish they would stop using us as the Beta testers, these trucks are not cheap.

2 of the trucks are running great, the other one.... not so much

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps
Dave
So if I get one a delete it I should be pretty reliable. That is unless I am running a 300hp tune.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Huffing Diesel Fumes

Also if I will be defiantly be getting an oasis on any 6.4 that I look at to buy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.