Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CAC pipe fittings leaking, how do I fix the issue?

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  44magnum 
#1 ·
I've replace my stock CAC pipe with a Flow Pro CAC pipe. I've noticed that it's leaking where it hooks up on both ends of the pipe. I didn't replace the rubber coupling that mates the pieces together. What can I do to fix this issue, I'm afraid of over tightening the clamps and breaking something. Are there better after market rubber couplings that I can use or get new OEM ones? The ones that are on there now look like there in good shape. I noticed that it's always leaked a little on both ends of the CAC pipe prior to installing the new Flo Pro pipe. Also is the residue that is leaking out of the CAC pipe oil? Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 ·
Ya its probably oil leaking around the boots (rubber couplers), its nothing to worry about, many guys do a CCV mod to vent the oil into a catch can or onto the road. Search CCV mod if you don't know what that is.

Also you can tighten the clamps pretty good, compress the spring a bit, I'm sure there are tq specs somewhere but don't worry about over tightening, you would be hard pressed to hurt anything.

#3 ·
If you are looking for upgraded boots dieselsite makes some. They are more oil resistant than the OEM ones. They are a nice upgrade.

#5 ·
I would also recommend the ccv mod.

#6 ·
According to Dieselsite, tq specs on the spring clamps is 60 IN/LBS. And I would also recommend either a CCV mod or boots that will not degrade because of the oil. The dieselsite ones are oil resistant, I have them and they are very high quality. http://www.dieselsite.com/ford64ldieselsitecompletebootset.aspx

#7 ·
Have any of you guys used 6.0L boots on a 6.4L? They are a tad bigger and would allow a little more room to install the aftermarket CAC pipes. I know my stock boots are just barely on there.

#8 ·
I had the same problem with the stock boots. They were barley long enough. The 6.4 dieselsite boots are longer than the OEM boots and fit better.

#9 ·
Well unless you could get a set of 6.0 boots real cheap I would just get a good set of aftermarket ones, the dieselsite ones are considerably longer, I have room to double clamp mine.

#11 ·
Well then what are you waiting for, give it a shot! :taze:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.