Traction bars, traction blocks, blah, blah... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Traction bars, traction blocks, blah, blah...

Is there any real difference between traction bars and traction blocks?

I'm just looking to get a complete set with everything I need... Leaning towards the pmf bars right now, but wouldn't mind settling on the pro comps. Just having a hard time justifying the price difference.
And are there any other good brands out there that won't kill my wallet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM

The difference being that the traction blocks incorporate the block into the traction bar setup. If you already have your rear axle at the height you want just get the traction bar setup without the blocks built in.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 PM

I have the PMF bars, great quality and very much worth the money you spend on them, just call Trevor also search PMF and you will see tons of happy people with his product line he offers.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm getting PMF. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow. Trevor is an awesome guy and provides GREAT customer service.

I've heard the procomps don't hold up to abuse well. I don't know where their HP limit is, but I would bet the PMF quality is better.

Trevor will walk you thru everything you need. I know I spent about 20 min on the phone with him discussing the best option for my truck and power output and wallet.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:47 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Im waiting on my newton bars to get here. his bars arent as fancy as PMF's design but they get the job done. he has revised it with larger heim joints, and the frame bracket now has bolts on bottom and side of bracket like PMF. Plus he gave me a heck of a deal and powder coated RED They should be here soon.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:10 AM

I also went with the PMF traction bars. I am very happy with them and they made a HUGE difference on my truck. I believe what trevor told me is that if you go with the traction block, in the rare event of a failure, the block can not be spit out.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y&R0864 View Post
Is there any real difference between traction bars and traction blocks?

I'm just looking to get a complete set with everything I need... Leaning towards the pmf bars right now, but wouldn't mind settling on the pro comps. Just having a hard time justifying the price difference.
And are there any other good brands out there that won't kill my wallet?
There is a definite difference in the construction of the kits. Is it worth the difference to the end user? That all depends on how you are going to use your truck. If you "save" a little on the Pro Comp setup and have to redo it, then in the long run its not a good route. There have been a few users post pictures of Pro Comp failures and bent bars. The tubing and gusseting they use is not as beefy as ours and the joints we use are much more expensive. But again, the upgraded components may be of no use to you. Just depends on how you use your truck and what your budget is.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and if our product works out for you, I will do what I can to take care of ya. Phone will be the best way to reach me over the next few days. Got alot going on right now getting SEMA orders out and whatnot.
-Trevor
Old 10-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

The vid I saw of "Pro Comp" bars folding up were NOT Pro Comp bars. Mine mount at axle center line, not below the axle.

That being said I really like mine. On a 4" spring lift, my RTI ramp score didn't change (flex ramp), and I really liked how they worked in the sled pull. The amountt of axle control when standing on it is awesome!!!

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.