Mini max and dpf delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini max and dpf delete

Hi there, just got a mini max and was wondering what exhust i should get. I have an AFE intake as well.
option 1 turbo back
option 2 dpf delete
option 3 dpf and cat delete
Option 4 down pipe
Im leaning to the first but not sure about cutting the stock turbo pipe out as i think you have do do this.
Anyone done these mods?
any info would be appriciated,

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've done the mini and S&B intake. I only did the DPF delete because Im still under warranty. I'm actually going to put the DPF back on due to an oil leak. My understanding of a turbo back exhaust is that you have to use a sawz all to cut the down pipe out. The DPF delete takes about an hour or two depending on whether you are experienced and if you're doing it with a helping hand. I love the way it sounds with the turbos though!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 PM

Just get a downpipe back exhaust if your worried about warrenty. No Cutting of anything, everything just bolts on/off. If you do not have a warrenty then option 1 for sure!

I would not get Option 2 or 3, as you will regret not doing the full exhaust in the future. I love the throaty sound you get with a straight pipe.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all your input, I went with an AFE down pipe 4" and mini max and AFE intake. Love it and works like a dream. Wish I done it sooner. Fuel mileage seems to be a lot better and will post what I'm getting when I work it out. Just a question on engine oil. Should I be going syn 5/40 for all this? I'm using 15/40 now not syn and just changed the oil before mods. I'm in Calgary and it cools down, never had a diesel before out here.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
Quote:
Originally Posted by David66 View Post
Thanks for all your input, I went with an AFE down pipe 4" and mini max and AFE intake. Love it and works like a dream. Wish I done it sooner. Fuel mileage seems to be a lot better and will post what I'm getting when I work it out. Just a question on engine oil. Should I be going syn 5/40 for all this? I'm using 15/40 now not syn and just changed the oil before mods. I'm in Calgary and it cools down, never had a diesel before out here.
Good setup...you'll love it!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 PM

David66, I have read that now that the mods are complete, change your oil again as you still may have some fuel in the oil. I also have heard that going synthetic will be beneficial now that your deleted.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 AM

The best setup is going to be a turbo back kit that retains the factory flange at the bottom of the down pipe. This will allow you to put the emissions equipment back in place. That being said, most people start out with a 4" or 5" down pipe back exhaust, then add the down pipe later.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.