Yeah I'm a Newb - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah I'm a Newb

Hows it going guys? Just picked up a 08 F250 CCSB 6.4 and I keep hearing how deleting the DPF may cause traffic fines. Do ya'll thinks it's possible to run a cut out for you "race application?" Looking at a Spartan Tuner and will be deleting the EGR soon for sure. But I was going to delete the CAT and DPF as well since in Texas there is no emissions testing on diesels . Just trying to weigh my options. I know there is all this talk about EPA crap but honestly I could give 2 ****s about the EPA. Besides dragging us further in debt what does our government agencies know anyways. If you want to PM thats cool being there is also talk on here about trolling. Hell i'll even shoot out my # to someone that has good info. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Removing emissions equipment can get you fined if the law enforcement officer looks for it. It doesn't have to be an emissions testing state or city. This is all subject to what your officers normally look for.

You could run a cut out, but I don't know of one that is readily-available. If you have it dumping under your truck, you are probably going to cover a lot of things in soot.

I do know that these systems will negatively affect the health of your truck though (as you have no doubt read or heard). It's your call on what you do about it.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Yeah I understand. I'm really looking to help bulletproof this thing for the long haul and gets some more power out of it. I've build Honda's most my life "race application" and this is new territory not to mention all the new tools I get to purchase........uhg . I know people have their say so's about different tuner systems but I have heard many good things about Spartan. Any ideas? As for the exhaust...guess I'll just have to get in the shop and make me a test pipe I can remove/replace.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Actually what I meant in dumps is cut outs. Sorry Ones you can open and close as needed.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:41 PM

There are a few differences between the Spartan and H&S... enough to split the people supporting them. They are both great tuners though. You'll have to read one of the many threads on what makes each one of them great.

Exhausts for these trucks are cheap IMO. Although, I'm used to motorcycle (sportbike) and Mustang exhausts. Most of the delete pipes can be removed/installed quickly though.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM

I am not understanding how you could use a cut out since when it is closed your exhaust would be running through the DPF and with a tuner the regeneration would be turned off so the DPF would eventually plug up. I posted another thread that asked who had been cited for a DPF delete and no one indicated they had. Perhaps no one wanted to speak up.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUB View Post
I am not understanding how you could use a cut out since when it is closed your exhaust would be running through the DPF and with a tuner the regeneration would be turned off so the DPF would eventually plug up. I posted another thread that asked who had been cited for a DPF delete and no one indicated they had. Perhaps no one wanted to speak up.
If you really wanted to do this you could with the H&S since it has shift on the fly. As long as you retuned between cutout open and cutout closed it would work. However you probably would need 2 butterflies because you would want to completely close off your DPF when you are tuned.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:09 PM

Definitely sounds like something I could do. I can TIG and weld so maybe thats an option. Oh BTW......GIG'EM!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUB View Post
Personally the few I know w/ diesels have never been cited. Unless it's DPS I don't see a ordinary cop knowing the difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.