Question for the Mini Maxx owners - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question for the Mini Maxx owners

hey guys, looking into getting a Mini Maxx tuner for my truck and im on H&S site and looking at the ones for the 6.4ltr and it says it comes without the Pryometer... what the fudge is that???

and would u guys buy new or used?

Only thing i plan for now, which i think ill be fine(unless you guys think i need to do them) is ill do the EGR and DPF/CAT delete. should i worry about studs now(only 46K on the clock) or wait later on?

Build date on my truck is 07 of 2007, so this has also has me confused on my job build #. am i job 2 or could i have been one of the last Job 1's

Last edited by Lunchbox21984; 10-21-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 AM

I am not sure what the pyrometer is for exactly, but it measures the temperature of something. It could be used for a secondary exhaust temp maybe. I just purchased a new mini maxx and it as awesome. I would recommend a new one, just for the sake of any warranty issues. a used one you will have to get it unlocked i believe once they are loaded to a vehicle they are locked to that vin. I could be wrong, information i found on here. I hope that helps!!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

A pyrometer is how you measured EGTs on older trucks I believe. I know I don't need one with my Spartan.

I would buy used and save a few bucks, tuners usually are not beat up.

On these trucks studs are not a factor unless you push more hp than a tuner will give you. There are guys running KEM 345 tunes on stock head bolts. I run the 300 spartan daily and have for 10k with no problems. I push it hard sometimes (like once a day) too.

I believe you are a job one truck. The ones built in 07 are job 1, I believe in the beginning of 08 started job 2. Not %110 on that though. You should look at your warranty start date, and if it is still under see what you can get fixed. Just a suggestion though. Good luck in the search.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

a little research about the job dates. I was wrong.

I want to say its 8/07-12/07 and anything after that is a job 3.

*after checking, yes those are the dates.*

Job 1 is anything built prior to July 07, August - Dec 07 = Job 2 and January 08 and on is a job 3(until they started the 09's)
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox21984 View Post
hey guys, looking into getting a Mini Maxx tuner for my truck and im on H&S site and looking at the ones for the 6.4ltr and it says it comes without the Pryometer... what the fudge is that???

and would u guys buy new or used?

Only thing i plan for now, which i think ill be fine(unless you guys think i need to do them) is ill do the EGR and DPF/CAT delete. should i worry about studs now(only 46K on the clock) or wait later on?

Build date on my truck is 07 of 2007, so this has also has me confused on my job build #. am i job 2 or could i have been one of the last Job 1's
The 6.4 litre have a factory pyro that the h&s gets it egt reading from. New or used doesn't matter as long as if it's used the previous owner returned his truck back to stock.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 AM

Thanks guys, this truck is a new thing for me and im loving it. I just want to keep that motor happy and not have big problems down the way.

So, with my miles on it, would you guys wait to do any deletes or what? after hearing about the EGR cooler failing and the DPF making the truck Regen and making the back cylinders run hot, makes me want to say the hell with it and just to the deletes.

What you guys think?

As for the tuner, ill keep an eye out on my locate Craigslist and ebay. 900 bones seems a bit high for my pocket book, but i guess my pocket book needs to grow after my truck investment
Old 10-21-2012, 07:27 AM

Sorry about all these questions guys, but i was looking at the EGR deletes from Sinster and there are two kits you can by. one is this one or there is this one with the high flow intake elbow. which one
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It never hurts to do the deletes as soon as you can but it will affect warranty if you still have any. As for the EGR deletes, if you go through with it get the one with the intake elbow.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty6.4 View Post
It never hurts to do the deletes as soon as you can but it will affect warranty if you still have any. As for the EGR deletes, if you go through with it get the one with the intake elbow.
Yea, i bought the extend warranty from Carmax for the truck for the 100K miles. So, should i wait on it?

As for the EGR delete, do i have to do both the EGR and DPF at the same time or can the EGR run without the DPF delete?

As for the EGR delete, ill get the one with the elbow then, its a bit more, but ill do it to make me feel more comfortable.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 AM

after hearing all the issues I deleted the DPF right away, I do have an extended warranty as well, I am not sure what impacts that will have. I look at it this way pay a little now for security or pay alot later when it takes out the motor. You might want to check PTP for kits as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.