Redoing king Ranch interior??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Redoing king Ranch interior???

Has anybody redone there king ranch interior? Can it be done?

My front seats,console cover thing, and wheel are all just horrible because of previous owners lack of care. My back seat is pretty much perfect like nobody ever sat back there. If it is possible to do this would I be able to leave the back seat or would only changing the front give the front and back seats a different shade
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would think it would be close enough. However I think most people sell the interior as a set so findin just front might be tough. Post up a pic of your seats. Someone might be able to give you advice to just recover the front seats you have.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've always wondered why more people don't just go for the Katzkin Tuscany leather. This is what I plan on doing whenever the time comes to ditch my stock cloth. It's MUCH cheaper and is sealed leather, similar to the Lariat trucks, rather than unsealed KR leather. Cheaper, easier to maintain, and will look better for much longer.

Katzkin Tuscany Brown leather in a Nissan Maxima

Old 10-20-2012, 06:50 AM

Hmm that does look good but I would like to see it in a ford truck

The steering wheel shouldn't have been leather IMHO I use a burlwood and black cover on mine ,, ebay has fix it kits

the console ebay for a replacement KR lid but I run a black one because my dog likes to sit there (my 06 has a 09 console)

the seats ,, ebay also has a company that sells the lower and someone just posted about an Oregon company that did wonders with reconditioning Faded King Ranch Seats Dye Job

Last edited by ZMANN; 10-20-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:58 AM

the katzskin website sucks but it looks like 2010 up is all they have and the pic was not of a 6.4 interior it seemed to be a 6.7 and prices started at $2300
Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

The Tuscany looks nice but I wonder if it is as thick as the saddle leather. Yes the open pore requires work, but I think it is more durable.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:48 PM

Just had all the seat backs and every one of my seat bottoms except for the 40 seat bottom replaced under warranty because the Cabela's leather was fading and cracking. It was all taken care of through the bumper to bumper warranty. However, I saw the cost of the leather seat covers and the labor to install and it was thousands of dollars. Labor alone was over a thousand bucks and the cost of the new leather was ridiculous. All said and done, it was about $7000 worth of warranty repairs. You can't really tell that the on seat bottom wasn't replaced under warranty but it is a back seat bottom that rarely gets used so there wasn't a lot of wear and tear to begin with.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

When I was buying my truck, the cloth seats were ****ed. It was worked over pretty hard by the previous owner and it was very obvious. They contacted a local truck aftermarket shop (American Spray Liners in Warrenton, VA) and had them order and install Katskin leather seats front and back in my truck. I have the two seperate seats in the front and the bench in the back, and didn't need the console redone though. It also came with all new seat belts which was surprising but appreciated because they were kind of disgusting themselves.

Attached is a picture of my interior. It is excellent quality leather and it very nice to the touch (not hard and/or stiff like some of the cheaper stuff). I think for the whole truck they did it for $1000 they just added on top of the price of the truck. May have been a deal, but I am very very happy about how it turned out. They have a ton of different colors too. .....I hope the attachment worked and that the picture does it some justice, it really is nice. Couldn't even really tell that it is aftermarket either, which is what I liked the most about it.

All and all, I would do it again!!! I would just go through someone that has ordered from them before so you can be sure that you are getting exactly what you need, and it looks and fits right. GOOD LUCK!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Redoing king Ranch interior???-img_0017.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

They did the front and back for 1k?? Hell I always thought it would cost way more than that.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It may have been cheaper because I was buying the truck and they really wanted to get my money. Hopefully it wouldn't be to much more, but who knows. I love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.