Stealership Recommended Service @ 84K Miles small rant - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stealership Recommended Service @ 84K Miles small rant

I got a coupon the other day in the mail for an oil/filter change, tire rotation, check and top off all fluids, 107 point inspection, and some other small stuff from the dealer, so i called and tried to make an appointment and took her in last night dropped it off..

First off, I hate taking my truck to the dealer, they always seem to find something they think is wrong that doesn't really need attention just to get some $$ out of you. So big mistake by taking it there in the evening because the service writer there in the evening doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground. All the diesel guys and the regular service writer all leave @ 3PM. The first words out of his mouth, "Do you have an appointment?" not even a hello how are you, how can i help you.. zippy.. so that made me kinda angry. I told him i called earlier to make an appt and the guy i talked to just said bring it by. He rolls his eyes and says "OK, No Appointment" and writes that down on the paper as if it was a bad thing. I told him specifically about the DPF delete and tuner and make sure they don't try to reflash my PCM/TCM. He looked at me with blank stare and proceeded to say, i have no idea what you mean. he was being a dbag at this point. and i told him not to replace my drain plug, i have a fumoto valve in place. and he plays dumb on that one too.. at this point i'm getting frustrated and i've only been there 5 mins.

So they call me this morning, the legit service writer this time, finally someone who knows what they're doing.. and he starts recommending all these different things i should have done to my truck.. for the tune of $800.

Here is what he recommended: Tranny service, includes flush and refill, Injector service ( I dont even know what they do on that?) and power steering fluid flush and refill.

I tell them to go ahead and to the tranny flush.. its prob never been done, he said the fluid was darker than normal.

so after the $89 oil change and tranny service, the total is just over $300

My question to you guys.. have you ever done the injector service? what is involved? does it really help? i run power service every other tank and drain my water separator once a month.. and same goes for power steering fluid.. i cant recall ever getting that done on any of my vehicles. even with the 37's while moving slowly, i can turn my wheel from lock to lock with 1 finger. any of you guys recommend it?

next time i will be going to the other dealer a little bit further down the road.. this one i've been going to does good quality work, but they are just horrible with customer service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the injector service is worthless lol they dump a little additive in your fuel and clean your EGR valve and thats pretty much it.... waste of money imo.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Premium Member

i figured it wasn't anything special.. i just wanted to check with some of you guys. sounds like a waste of $$
Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The "injector service" is a specially formulated BS treatment to inject cash into the dealership's pocket from your pocket.
The power steering flush is easy to do yourself and go back in with Mobil 1 ATF.
If the other service writer is being a d!ckhead then let them know. They apparently live and die by customer feedback so I'd tell them about your encounter and that you'll go to the competition because of it.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
I hate the dealership as well for those same reasons. A few months back I had a similar deal so I took the truck in, They did an alignment, oil change, checked and topped off all fluids, yada yada yada. Well I told them DO NOT reflash anything on my truck due to the tune and the spartan TCM. Well guess what, they did because there was an update out even though I told them I didnt want it. so I had to go in and retune everything for them to get it off the rack. So I leave and after a bit the service writer calls again. "sir your rear diff oil is black as night so we are draining that and you will be good to go" I come unglued at this point because again I told them not to touch that either. I put royal purple in there and it is dark purple from the get go when I did my mag hytec diff cover. I get to the shop and they are pointing me in all directions and refused to fill it back up with royal purple again. I told them things would get ugly if it wasn't full of 6 qts of royal purple, not the ford stuff. After 3 hrs they finally saw it my way. During all of this 3 other diesel guys walked in to the dealership with the same coupon, needless to say they all left and didnt get service done there. I will never go to that dealership again!

Last edited by blackcloud2k; 10-19-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Premium Member

OP....What dealership was it? If you don`t feel like " putting it out there " feel free to pm me.I have had pretty good luck with a local one
Old 10-19-2012, 08:59 AM

Location: The place where the 2nd amendment is considered illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballn2 View Post
I got a coupon the other day in the mail for an oil/filter change, tire rotation, check and top off all fluids, 107 point inspection, and some other small stuff from the dealer, so i called and tried to make an appointment and took her in last night dropped it off..

First off, I hate taking my truck to the dealer, they always seem to find something they think is wrong that doesn't really need attention just to get some $$ out of you. So big mistake by taking it there in the evening because the service writer there in the evening doesn't know his A$$ from a hole in the ground. All the diesel guys and the regular service writer all leave @ 3PM. The first words out of his mouth, "Do you have an appointment?" not even a hello how are you, how can i help you.. zippy.. so that made me kinda angry. I told him i called earlier to make an appt and the guy i talked to just said bring it by. He rolls his eyes and says "OK, No Appointment" and writes that down on the paper as if it was a bad thing. I told him specifically about the DPF delete and tuner and make sure they don't try to reflash my PCM/TCM. He looked at me with blank stare and proceeded to say, i have no idea what you mean. he was being a dbag at this point. and i told him not to replace my drain plug, i have a fumoto valve in place. and he plays dumb on that one too.. at this point i'm getting frustrated and i've only been there 5 mins.

So they call me this morning, the legit service writer this time, finally someone who knows what they're doing.. and he starts recommending all these different things i should have done to my truck.. for the tune of $800.

Here is what he recommended: Tranny service, includes flush and refill, Injector service ( I dont even know what they do on that?) and power steering fluid flush and refill.

I tell them to go ahead and to the tranny flush.. its prob never been done, he said the fluid was darker than normal.

so after the $89 oil change and tranny service, the total is just over $300

My question to you guys.. have you ever done the injector service? what is involved? does it really help? i run power service every other tank and drain my water separator once a month.. and same goes for power steering fluid.. i cant recall ever getting that done on any of my vehicles. even with the 37's while moving slowly, i can turn my wheel from lock to lock with 1 finger. any of you guys recommend it?

next time i will be going to the other dealer a little bit further down the road.. this one i've been going to does good quality work, but they are just horrible with customer service.
Never heard of this service but in my humble opinion is a blatant way to get your cash. And you answered your own question with your first statement I've marked in bold. As JIM_C stated, most of these simple maintenance jobs are easy to do.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM_C View Post
The "injector service" is a specially formulated BS treatment to inject cash into the dealership's pocket from your pocket.
The power steering flush is easy to do yourself and go back in with Mobil 1 ATF.
If the other service writer is being a d!ckhead then let them know. They apparently live and die by customer feedback so I'd tell them about your encounter and that you'll go to the competition because of it.

So i went to pick up my truck and talked to the Main Service advisor.. and i mentioned to him the poor service that guy gave me. and you know what that MF'er said to me? "oh thats just how he is, dont mind him... you'll get a survey, and i get paid on those surveys so you better not ding me for his f'up"

F that guy... not going back to that dealership again..
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplumbingmedic View Post
OP....What dealership was it? If you don`t feel like " putting it out there " feel free to pm me.I have had pretty good luck with a local one

PM sent..............
Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Premium Member

lol that dealership is a bunch of D-BAGS as most dealerships are...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.