Who has been cited for deletes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 04:54 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who has been cited for deletes?

I just got a DPF and EGR delete along with the Mini Max and S&B CAI. I got the exhaust removed last night. Not the easiest job to do by yourself if you are trying to save the system, in case of a need to re-instal. It got me to thinking: How many of you that are deleted have been cited for it, and what state was that in? If there were any extenuating circumstances, like racing or rolling coal while pulling a load uphill, please share. I am getting ready to hook on to the 5th wheel and head south for the winter. Just wondering about any places I need to be concerned about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Well I would think that if u get pulled over its gonna be for smoke. They don't really care about sound around me. But I have seen people blow smoke in front of cops and they don't do anything but that may just be because of where I live. I don't think anyone has ever got cited for it with any pictures of the citation. U always get someone with my brothers friends dads nephew got one and fined $$$$. So u never know for sure.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUB View Post
I just got a DPF and EGR delete along with the Mini Max and S&B CAI. I got the exhaust removed last night. Not the easiest job to do by yourself if you are trying to save the system, in case of a need to re-instal. It got me to thinking: How many of you that are deleted have been cited for it, and what state was that in? If there were any extenuating circumstances, like racing or rolling coal while pulling a load uphill, please share. I am getting ready to hook on to the 5th wheel and head south for the winter. Just wondering about any places I need to be concerned about.
How far south are you headed? Here in Florida we don't even have emissions testing so they don't care at all.

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 10-13-2012, 05:48 AM

Florida is where I will end up. I live in Wisconsin. We could move in the future, so I am saving the old exhaust, but I couldn't imagine putting the system back on for testing and then take it off until the next test.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It's worth it. Taking it off the first time is a chore but after u do it once its easy. The truck runs so much better, eventually every state will be doing testing. My area use to but didn't have the money to keep it going or something. I wouldn't have a 6.4 if it wasn't deleted. I go and buy all 6.0's and bullet proof them.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:13 PM

just do a delete pipe... only takes 30min to swap in/out
Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 PM

RDUB, I currently live in Texas where they have emission testing, but they don't do any hook ups to the diesels. I am going to be relocating in a few months to Wisconsin, do they do emission testing there? I don't want to be switching shi& around either.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:09 PM

TX does not do emissions testing on diesels. Visual and safety only
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
I'm not sure many places do emission testing on diesels do they? I refuse to drive a diesel that's not deleted. It fixes so many possible problems.

My RAZR made me send this...
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVJOE View Post
RDUB, I currently live in Texas where they have emission testing, but they don't do any hook ups to the diesels. I am going to be relocating in a few months to Wisconsin, do they do emission testing there? I don't want to be switching shi& around either.
They do not test in Wisconsin yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.