2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics

This weekend I installed a Newton 2 1/2" leveling kit with there 5" rear blocks. I'm posting before and after pics for those who are still on the fence with the 5" blocks. I was very happy with there kit. To me it seemed like the most complete kit out there after doing a lot of looking. $249 shipped including shipping with the rear blocks. Also installed a dual steering stabilizer at the same time. Install time was about 5 hour by my self. Tire on the truck are 305/60r20 on the factory Harley rims. First pic before (completely stock F350) second pic after.
Attached Thumbnails
2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics-img_20120930_094130.jpg   2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics-img_20121001_201207.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM

A couple more before and after pics.
Attached Thumbnails
2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics-img_20120930_104152.jpg   2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics-img_20121001_201244.jpg   2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics-img_20120930_094204.jpg   2 1/2 leveling kit 5" rear blocks before/after pics-img_20121001_201259.jpg  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 AM

looks great man. did you get new shocks with it, or shock extenders? you running factory shocks? So the 5" block gave you the factory rake, right? i want the factory slope towards the front when i level, so technically it won't be perfectly level.

didn't the kit come with a track bar drop down bracket? Easy to install? how's the caster on your truck now? drive straight? what kind of steering stabilizers?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm clearly on the verge of doing the same. LOL
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonw2 View Post
looks great man. did you get new shocks with it, or shock extenders? you running factory shocks? So the 5" block gave you the factory rake, right? i want the factory slope towards the front when i level, so technically it won't be perfectly level.

didn't the kit come with a track bar drop down bracket? Easy to install? how's the caster on your truck now? drive straight? what kind of steering stabilizers?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm clearly on the verge of doing the same. LOL
Yes they are factory shocks. The kit comes with shock extentions for the font and the rears are long enough for the 5" blocks. The truck has a slop to the front like factory just not as much. I wanted the back a little higher then the front for the look but it not as dramatic as factory was. It does come with the track bar spacer and if you follow what they say to do it was easy. After it was done it drove just like it did before straight. I did have to readjust the drag link to get the steering wheel straight again. That was the hardest part of the whole thing mine was rusty. Once I got it free it was pretty simple. A couple of test drives and readjustments to it and its straight. As far as the steering stabilizers I went with the Topgun Customz`s setup with there shocks $169. I'm very happy with it. Its a lot better feeling in the steering wheel then the stock one going over bumps plus I don't do any off roading so I thought the cheaper ones would work fine for now and I can always upgrade the shocks on it later if I need to.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM

thanks for the response! beautiful truck BTW
Old 10-02-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonw2 View Post
thanks for the response! beautiful truck BTW
Thanks. I just took some measurements if it helps. The front straight up the center of the wheel is 43 5/8" and the back is 45 1/4". I almost thought about getting a 5 1/2" block.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM

GREAT INFO! Thanks man!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:54 PM

I have the exact same setup, only I haven't installed my rear blocks yet, I think I ordered 5.5's but I can't remember. Everything went together easy except the front shocks after the shock spacers and the thinned down rubber bushings and washers wouldn't all fit so I left of the rubber washer on the top. My front shocks are bilsteins and the stud just wasn't long enough. Did the front shock spacers work for you?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44magnum View Post
I have the exact same setup, only I haven't installed my rear blocks yet, I think I ordered 5.5's but I can't remember. Everything went together easy except the front shocks after the shock spacers and the thinned down rubber bushings and washers wouldn't all fit so I left of the rubber washer on the top. My front shocks are bilsteins and the stud just wasn't long enough. Did the front shock spacers work for you?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Yes the stock ones had just enough tread with the new rubber washers on to make it. New better shocks are in my future. Soon I hope
Old 10-02-2012, 05:55 PM

Great looking truck. I have looking at 2.5 lifts and been looking at newtons lift. I think I might go with the 5.5" block in back. Thanks for all the good pics and information!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.