What should I purchase next?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What should I purchase next??

My last upgrade was the Carli PinTop suspension w/ some new rubbers... Schwiing! After reading about some threads regarding the Elite Diesel Engineering Tow Power 71mm turbo, I've considered purchasing the EGR delete, head studs, and the above mentioned to knock it out at once. Has anyone gone this route and changed their mind? Think I should focus my energy (and money) somewhere else? I'm not looking to destroy my new tires, I just want the best technology and reliability money can buy... If you had a few grand to burning a hole in your pocket, what would you do to your coal burner?? AMP Power Steps, Tru-Trac limited slip, Viper Alarm System...etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Premium Member

Well... What are your needs? Where do you live? What types of environment are you using your truck in?

Do you need a traction aid? Truetrac

High theft in your area? Viper Alarm

Obviously the 71mm turbo isn't necessarily a need, but we all love more power!

First on my priority list when I bought my truck was protection (for the truck) and comfort (improved stereo) So I had a Viper alarm installed with the smart start. From there, honestly if I had to pick an upgrade (for me) in order of priority. It would be the Truetrac. I don't off road my truck, but sometimes when pulling the Jeep to the trail you encounter some tricky terrain.

I'd say it is going to be hard for people to tell you what you should do to your truck. They don't really know how you use it, and what your needs are.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:33 PM

Well, I don't really need anything, I just want more... lol. I live in a low threat area in Virginia, stay mainly on paved roads, and I very rarely tow... I think the LSD is pathetic and I don't have the electronic locker installed from factory and it would be nice in the winter. More power would always be nice, and I loove the sound of the turbo... The factory steps are too low for the 4" lift and the AMP steps would be nice w/ the 2" drop downs... Viper alarm would be a luxury, since I already have the factory remote start, and the motion detector would be a nice upgrade.

I'm not trying to get too technical, just wondering what others would do if they were in my situation, whether its beneficial to their daily job or not...

Cheers.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If it was me and my truck i would go ahead and do the turbo, head studs, and EGR delete. Not sure how much money you always have to throw at your truck but for me it would take awhile to save that amount back up so mine as well do it while you have the money.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

Well, if I lived where you live the 1st thing I'd do is the LSD. Then the power upgrades. Things like the steps and alarm can be done here and there...
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did the Viper alarm with remote start and GPS tracker. It is a cool convenience to start your truck form anywhere in the world as long as you have a cellphone with a signal. But mostly to start it form inside the house so the inside is cool and the engine is warmed up. Plus the thought of theft doesn't scare me since I added the GPS tracker and the Jimmi Jammer door plates and tailgate plate. Plus I removed the driver door handle and replaced it with a hole-less one. But if I had a few thousand I would do the studs for sure, and EGR delete while the cab is off. It's just extra insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.