Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.4 tune - drag strip question?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  travisH3 
#1 ·
I'm running the 250 early lock tune and I was wanting to know if I should turn my tow/haul on to prolong the rapid drop in to overdrive or just run it normal down the strip? It's my first time so any other tips would be great! I'm planning on leaving out at about 10-15 psi in 4wd hi.

#2 ·
I run mine without it, and I'm running the early lockup for h&s tuning. Hell, if ya do more than one run try it one run and see if it's any better than without it. Good luck

#3 ·
I ran a 8.24 @ 82 MPH with Tow/Haul OFF

&

I ran a 8.35 @ 80 MPH with Tow/Haul ON

1/8th mile times of course. Running the 250 tune.

#4 ·
there is your answer :thumb:

#5 ·
Cool! That's what I wanted to know! I was going to run it Thursday but it looks like I have to work late so maybe next week. It's quick.. Lol I can't wait!

#6 ·
i will be running mine soon. i think im gonna go on the 27th this month. its diesel night at our local drag strip. Its called "blackout" which refers to smoke so im guessing a bunch of dodge guys put it together:doh: i dont know but im hoping to be spanking some trucks that night. one advantage of being a regular cab and everyone thinks because it has business logos its slow :rofl: :scuffy
dont know if i should take off my rims and put the stock ones on though?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.