First diesel exhaust/dpf question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First diesel exhaust/dpf question

ive got an 08 job 1 250 and am going to be purchasing a SCT livewire programmer to try and improve my mpg. I was going to just straight pipe it because it was cheap but cant find any muffler shops to do it, so im looking to for some help on what to do instead. If there is another thread on this please point me in the right direction. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Search delete pipes 6.4. This topic has been discussed alot
Old 07-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Premium Member

I just did mine tonight. I went with the flopro 5" stainless system. it kinda has a muffler, its straight through and doesnt really do much. Its got a nice low note to it and gives a nice whistle at idle as well. a bolt on kit is going to run you about the same as a custom job probably...or just get the delete pipe only and put it in line with your stock exhaust. i think its like a hundred bucks to do that, just make sure you tuner will allow you to run without the dpf. Therer are like 3 or 4 sensors hooked to the big piece of crap. good luck theres a ton of good info i found on here as well. im new to the diesels.... H and S tuner for me though. anyway ahve fun with it
Old 07-10-2012, 02:01 PM

get a sledge hammer. I have an 08 job1 and when we did mine the tubes were rusted together. We weren't doing full blow swings, just the weight behind it really helps to dislodge it for the piece that is connected to the muffler. Was our biggest obstacle and was a piece of cake once we did that.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I 2nd the sledge hammer. With alot of wd-40 too. It'll save you alot of time!

Sent from iPhone
Old 07-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

I think the hardest part was removing the rear portion....i just bailed into unbolting and prying that i couldnt figure out how to get that long multiply bend pipe to the tail end. finally i came around. Look stupid jack the rear of the truck up. I ended up just removing the passenger rear tire just to make that part easier. No hammer needed for me. just a couple pry bars and some pb blaster on the rubber hangers to help them slide off and to remove the connections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.