2010 6.4 Purchase Price Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 6.4 Purchase Price Help

Whats up all,
Looking at a 2010 F250 XLT,6.4, crewcab with the offroad package (skid plates and shocks), with leather, no sync with about 13k miles here in the Denver area.

They have it listed it for $38.5k. This thing is in pretty good shape, and except for a scratched up bed looks almost new. A little rust on shocks here and there underneath.

What would you guys suggest is a good negotiation price out the door? They have had it for a couple weeks at least.

Looking for some oppinions on where to start.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Im currently looking for a 6.4 as well and where that isn't a bad price, there are better ones out there, depending if you willing to travel to go get it.

That is pretty low miles though. I'd suggest first deciding how much you are willing to spend max regardless if it's that particular truck or not and then just go based off that.

Just my .02 cents...
Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I paid 32k for my 2010 CCSB Lariat, no offroad package with 72K on the odo. I think you have tons of room to negotiate.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Earlyer this year I was searching for a truck, wanted a newer one 08 or above & found a 10 f350, 6.4, manual, CC, long bed with 28,000 miles for a starting price of $33,550. Only thing was it was in Idaho & I live in Western Washington and didn't want to deal with the out of state sale.

Good luck with your Quest & be dillagent with your options list.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

This is kind of related: I went to the dealer to get a trade in value on my loaded '10, w/ 25K miles towards a '12. They offered 35K which wasn't bad, but I couldn't make the deal happen with a truck I know that is cherry and well taken care of....I love my 6.4!

Kevin
Old 06-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I sold a 2010 F-250 XLT CCSB with 50k odo, no offroad package, cloth seats, 4x4, and base XLT options back in February for 32k. It was in mint condition and priced reasonably within my market and compared to others.

I would say that that isn't a bad deal at all, but I would try to haggle for 36k. Maybe you will end up around 37 and from the sounds of the truck I would say pull the trigger.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Seems that the ultra-low mileage is driving the price of that particular truck way up. The XLT model is a pretty basic truck. Hell, the city fleet's trucks here are all F350 XLT models. Granted, they're gassers and aren't 4x4 but $38,000 seems like a lot. For that kind of money, you can get something with slightly higher mileage and it would be a King Ranch or Lariat trim with like 50,000 miles which is still nothing. The 2010 XLT you're looking at, depending when it was originally sold, will probably have only a little bit of bumper to bumper warrenty left so that's why I'd look for something with slightly higher mileage as you'll still have the balance of the powertrain/engine warranty and can step up into a nicer trim truck. For what it's worth, there was an F450 Harley truck, fully loaded with sunroof and navigation with 25,000 miles for sale for $50,000 in Canada where that truck originally stickered at $87,000. That XLT is priced like a Canadian truck in my opinion. Don't really know what I'd offer as I don't know what the market is like in Denver but all the salesman can say is no. You don't have anything to lose by offering them an outlandish offer...
Old 06-30-2012, 05:47 PM

Dont forget about an OASIS report. There may be a reason it has such low miles. Always cover your ***
Old 06-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hmm I'm strongly considering letting go of my 08 f250 fx4 52800 miles all work done by dealer with extended warranty blue with black interior. Truck is fine no problems , but what about when my warranty is up I'm screwed if something were to ever go wrong you need a lift to work on the motor Cab Off , knowing this when I got the truck years ago , I don't have access to a lift anymore , there for I'm pretti set in getting rid of my truck. Sorry to chime in on the thread it's been years since I've been on forums maybe I can find something on here that will change my mind .

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-01-2012, 04:46 PM

2010 xlt fx4 6.4

I bought mine aug. 2011, $32,000, 45,000 mi, kelly blue book $42,500. Supercab, shortbox, spray on liner, off road pkg., tow pkg., except for tires it is mint. I bought it to tow a 30 ft. rv., this truck is setup to do just that. I bought bumper to bumper insurance, 5 years or 50,000 mi for peace of mind. One owner, clean car fax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.