Just bought a 6.4, came from a 6.o - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just bought a 6.4, came from a 6.o

Hey guys. Well I had a 05 PSD that was stolen from me a few weeks ago, had it studded, deleted, tuned, all the goodies for a good reliable driver and slight performer.

Now I just bought a 6.4, it's already had the egr deleted with a sinister kit, and the dpf deleted, and has a mini max tuner. I'm down here in Dallas, and even with the 105 degree day today, the deltas were only 4-6, 192/3 ect and 196/7 eot.

Now, I had a cts in my 6.0 and Super panty dropper tune, I loved that combo. I hate this little mini max for monitoring the gauges. Is it fine to leave the mini max tune on there and get an edge cts to monitor everything? I also have no idea what exactly the tunes on the mini max are. What is the best way to find that out?

I'm still new to the 6.4 world, so I'm reading in all the sections trying to familiarize my self as quick as I can. Anybody have any good reads to point me to or recommend a starting checklist to perform on the truck? I've already been reading what to look for on a 6.4 when buying, everything checked out good on this truck, I'm just nervous that I Don't know as much about it as I did the 6.0 yet.

Here's a few pics!

Truck has 112,000 miles on it. I'll be getting a coolant filter asap for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you just hit the menu button then scroll down to show settings it will tell you which tune you are running. The only thing is though if you have an update of tv6.4.34 or later then you will have to go through the download process on the mini again & just pick which tune you want. If you have 6.4.33 or earlier it will say either easy, mild or hot damm in the sow settings screen.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:15 PM

As for the guages, I am pretty sure you would be able to run the edge. I actually like the mini & thought the guages were pretty east to see compared to my edge evolution but that is just me though. I guess it did take a little bit until I got used to the small screen but now I love it.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ok it has easy mild wild and hot tunes. The engine bay is very clean, reeeal clean. Degas bottle is spotless and it has green coolant in it. I'm still learning on coolant so I'm not sure what to think of the green coolant yet, deltas are excellent tho- 4 to 6/7 difference in eot ect.

Did I do pretty good? I love the interior compared to my 05! I like this truck, sh!t it's like a new girlfriend, it's gunna get the redcarpet treatment and I gotta be all sweet to it for a while

Sent from iPhone
Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post
Ok it has easy mild wild and hot tunes. The engine bay is very clean, reeeal clean. Degas bottle is spotless and it has green coolant in it. I'm still learning on coolant so I'm not sure what to think of the green coolant yet, deltas are excellent tho- 4 to 6/7 difference in eot ect.

Did I do pretty good? I love the interior compared to my 05! I like this truck, sh!t it's like a new girlfriend, it's gunna get the redcarpet treatment and I gotta be all sweet to it for a while

Sent from iPhone
No. H&S has 3 tunes ( easy, mild & hot damm ), inside each tune are 4 adjustable power levels ( no power, mild, wild & hot ). Your truck will have one of the 3 tunes loaded probably mild or hot damm because I see you have an egr delete & I don't think the easy tune would work with the delete as it functions the egr. The delta you have is the same as mine so that is fine. Yes it is a nice looking truck. The interiors have come along way!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:44 PM

I just realized you said green coolant. Are you sure that it isn't a gold color. I don't think green coolant should be in there. I switched over to the cat ec-1 rated coolant because it is basically maintenance free. The ford gold requires you to be checking the nitrate levels so as long as you stay on that you would be fine. I would check about the green coolant for sure though!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:16 AM

Nice looking truck!!

Mark
Old 06-27-2012, 05:17 AM

i agree with superduty6.4. Get rid of the green coolant ASAP. Also nice truck
Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 AM

looks like you got a steal. already EGR deleted you lucky dawg! make sure all fluids were particle/rust free, and if your coolant is green, get that SHHHH out of their ASAP! FMGC or CAT ELC.

I came from a 6.0 as well. It was like moving from a Grand Cherokee to a Cadillac. Night and day brother. Take care of her (strict, routine maintenance), and she will take care of you!!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:03 AM

for the nice truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.