2008 f350 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 84
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 2008 f350 6.4

Hi guys i just got rid of my f150 and got an 08 f350. i must say its a beast. im here because i need info on engine oil. I live in south sask, canada and -40 in the winter is not uncommon. I was thinking rotella t 15w40 because i can get a 18.9 litre pail for $57. But it wont cut it prob in the harsh winter. I was also thinking rotella t6. heard good things. but friggin $40 per gallon here. any ideas guys????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 221
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats on the new truck! All I know using MN here I run 15-40 through the winter and so far so good. 4 years now. Book says 10-30 in the winter but I haven't and unless somebody talks me out of it I will continue to do so. The only towing I do is a few snowmobile trips in the winter

Sent from my LG-P509 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,314
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal30 View Post
Hi guys i just got rid of my f150 and got an 08 f350. i must say its a beast. im here because i need info on engine oil. I live in south sask, canada and -40 in the winter is not uncommon. I was thinking rotella t 15w40 because i can get a 18.9 litre pail for $57. But it wont cut it prob in the harsh winter. I was also thinking rotella t6. heard good things. but friggin $40 per gallon here. any ideas guys????????
I use amsoil 5w40 and have done that since new. I have never had any issues with it. It is expensive though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 84
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty6.4 View Post
I use amsoil 5w40 and have done that since new. I have never had any issues with it. It is expensive though.
Thanks for the replies guys. im thinkin rotella t6 for all year round. But $40 a gallon and filter is $35. Pretty expensive. other route maybe rotella t or delo 400le until the winter hits and change to a lighter oil. ill have to figure it out today. going to city, live in the boondocks 115km from city so today is the day. Do you think 15w40 would be ok in -30 and colder? i called ford and he said everyone runs 15w40 and 10w30 in winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 06-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 84
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal30 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. im thinkin rotella t6 for all year round. But $40 a gallon and filter is $35. Pretty expensive. other route maybe rotella t or delo 400le until the winter hits and change to a lighter oil. ill have to figure it out today. going to city, live in the boondocks 115km from city so today is the day. Do you think 15w40 would be ok in -30 and colder? i called ford and he said everyone runs 15w40 and 10w30 in winter.
i decided for now to buy chevron delo 400le 15w40 , even that cost over $100 for the oil and near $40 for the filter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 06-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Serving Our Country!

 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Benton, AR
Posts: 2,196
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know Delo 400 is good oil, but for some reason I never cared for it in a Ford or a Cummins, only used it in GM Detroit's. Down here I run rotella 15 W 40 year round.
Doug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 06-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 84
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
I know Delo 400 is good oil, but for some reason I never cared for it in a Ford or a Cummins, only used it in GM Detroit's. Down here I run rotella 15 W 40 year round.
Doug
well i will give it a try. rotella is always an available option as well. thanx for the reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors