Warrenty and dpf - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Warrenty and dpf

WOW I just went and picked up my new truck. I love it. I am so glad with my purchase. I also got a warrenty with my truck and everyone says to do the dpf delete and tune but wont that completely null my warrenty? The engine is completely stock as far as i know. Is there a true way to tell if the engine has ever been chipped? Its an 08 F250 with only 26k miles on it. Its already lifted with a stage 2 6" pro comp lift. Rides a little rough but expected that and i have to get rid of the grappler tires. They are not right for me. Which brings my next question I live in Colorado any suggestions on what type of tires are great for an all around type? Thank you in advance this site is awesome glad i found it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Legally you're right. Modify the emissions or tune it and Ford can void warranties.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iensell72 View Post
WOW I just went and picked up my new truck. I love it. I am so glad with my purchase. I also got a warrenty with my truck and everyone says to do the dpf delete and tune but wont that completely null my warrenty? The engine is completely stock as far as i know. Is there a true way to tell if the engine has ever been chipped? Its an 08 F250 with only 26k miles on it. Its already lifted with a stage 2 6" pro comp lift. Rides a little rough but expected that and i have to get rid of the grappler tires. They are not right for me. Which brings my next question I live in Colorado any suggestions on what type of tires are great for an all around type? Thank you in advance this site is awesome glad i found it!!
If you can see any soot in the tailpipe chances are it was either chipped or had a dpf problem. If the tailpipe is clean you are probablt ok. You will have to look inside as far as you can see though. Some dealers are not to worried about deleted trucks while others will void your warranty.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:32 AM
The Silent Service

If you tune or delete that truck, kiss the warranty goodbye. That's the fact of it.

Electronically, there are ways for Ford to see how the motor has been operating.
Mechanically, all a dealership would have to do is take an oil sample and that will prove weather the DPF has been deleted (lack of fuel contamination in the oil).

I believe Colorado has emissions for these trucks, at least in parts of the state. So, deletion of emissions gear can be troublesome.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Where are you at in CO? CO has emissions in a county by county basis. I have emissions where I live, but you are exempt the first 4 years of the trucks life, and then every other year after that. If you delete you can always go back to stock for warranty work. If you didnt get an extended warranty, you only have a year left since its 5 year 100k miles. Most dealerships up in fort collins dont care to much about tuned trucks. The service managers at both the loveland and Fort collins ford houses drive lifted tuned 6.4's/6.7's. As far as tires go, I would look into a good AT tire. Ice and mud tires dont mix very well. I run hankook dyna pros and love them, but Im not sure they make a tire big enough for your current lift.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:09 AM

My dealership could have cared less I deleted the dpf. Most places will care like the one that's 5 min from my house I will not take it there. If your warranty is almost up just leave it on and when it's up take that thing off
Old 06-15-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
My dealership could have cared less I deleted the dpf. Most places will care like the one that's 5 min from my house I will not take it there. If your warranty is almost up just leave it on and when it's up take that thing off
Which dealership do you usually use for stuff?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 AM

tires.......im running BFG A/T KO's in the 325/60/20 they are about 35.5 in tall, they are snow rated as a traction devise with the mtn snowflake on the side.....awesome traction in wet weather.... my 2nd choice would be the goodyear Duratracks.... an all terrain but looks like a mudder,, also snow rated with the mtn snowflake printed on the side...
Old 06-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The fact is yes, modifying the emissions and plugging any tuner will zap your warranty. But like other people said, its all about what dealership your using. Hell, the dealership I use, my friend takes his 09' truck in thats tuned and deleted for warranty work and he doesnt even take the tuner out or put the exhaust back!!! He rolls up with his edge tuner and chip installed and they do work and give it back. So I guess it all depends on what dealership you go to. Personally when or if I tune mine and I have warranty issues I would still take the tuner out and throw the DPF and CAT back in.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks everyone for all the input. I am in Peyton, CO elpaso county but work in Greeley area. There is no soot that I can see in there but it looks pretty clean almost too clean. I wonder if a dpf delete was already on and its recently been replaced. Guess I will have to find a dealership to take it too hope I can find one in Colorado Springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.