Daddy needs a new pair of shoes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Daddy needs a new pair of shoes

Truck is below in sig. 08 250 ccsb with stock 20s. Got a 2.5" newton level kit with 4" rear blocks. Truck has stock 275/60xr20 wrangler at/s on it now.

I'm looking for a little bit more aggressive tire than that AT tire. Looking at the Wrangler Duratracs, Cooper Discoverer STT Tek3 or the NITTO Trails (even though they are an MT).

I am also looking for a little bit beefier tire too. Looking at the Duratracs in a 285/60xr20. Not taller, but a little bit wider in the hips. Also looking to go to a 35x12.5x20 if possible. Maybe in the Coopers or the Nittos.

Budget is about 325/tire to 375/tire.

Any of you guys have any input or reviews of the above three tires? Or any suggestions?

Dont haul much. A heavy 5th wheel once every 6 months. about 80/20 highway/offroad.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 11:09 AM

A buddy of mine just got the 35" trail grapplers on his 20" factory wheels and has a 2.5" level on the front and it looks very nice. You just have to trim a little of the fender liner.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

you have the same setup as me, 2.5 front and nothin in the rear since it is a F350

I have the Pro Comp Xtreme A/T and I have seen some freinds around here with the same tire get over 60k on a set of E rated 35x12.50r20 on my factory 20's

Old 06-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Check craigslist, I got a brand new (take off) set of 325/60-20 Toyo Open country AT's for $1000. Although I'm not going to put them on my stock rims, tires are too wide. The guy I bought them from decided he didn't like the look, he upgraded to the MT's. Also the A/T's have larger tread blocks than I'm used to with A/T's. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's on my fathers dodge, they are wearing good we have about 15K on them, don't make much noise for a MT and are very reasonably priced.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:36 PM

Yeah Casey I like those Pro Comps. Where did you find those?

I usually just go to Discount Tire but they only have Pro Comp ATV tires. Did you go to a 4x4 shop or something?

I have been looking around a bit on craigslist but truth is, even though my overall engine maintenance and everything is up to snuff, I have neglected my tires a bit and they are bad.

Has anybody seen 285/60r20 on a stock 20" rim with a 2.5" lift? They are a 33.5x11.2x20 compared to the 34.1x10.7x20 stock wranglers. So... a tad shorter and a little fatter. think these would look goofy?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
I love my BFG KM2's. They look pretty arressive and are said to last around 50k with proper rotation periods. We will test that out...
Old 06-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Nathan I got them at discount tire here in corpus.christi, I made them come down $25 a tire below 4wheel specialties price they didn't have em in stock I had to wait about 5 days
Old 06-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

U gota go with a 35 the 33 going to look really small you have to much wheel well once you level it if you not offsetting ur rims 35 12.5 doesn't even stick out much they look good

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-16-2012, 06:56 AM

Thanks for the help guys.

I ended up going with the Nitto Trails in a 295/65r20. Just couldnt talk myself into the duratracs for some reason and even though almost everyone here runs Nittos, there is a reason why.

Anyways, see you guys on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.