EGR delete still puking - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry EGR delete still puking

Did the ptp egr delete with elbow and I am now on the highway going back to work. Pulled off for fuel popped the hood and coolant is at the top of degas bottle. It's not puking bad where it made a mess all over but it's left quite a few white lines and puddled a bit on the ground when I stop. I called the dealership and shop Forman is almost positive it's hyper extended thermostats. Does that sound right? All my temps are right where they are suppose to be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
Did the ptp egr delete with elbow and I am now on the highway going back to work. Pulled off for fuel popped the hood and coolant is at the top of degas bottle. It's not puking bad where it made a mess all over but it's left quite a few white lines and puddled a bit on the ground when I stop. I called the dealership and shop Forman is almost positive it's hyper extended thermostats. Does that sound right? All my temps are right where they are suppose to be
What level was the coolant at when you first left?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:48 AM

It was just at the top line on cold fill range I just pulled over again to check it and it's now about an inch and a half from the top of the bottle cause I lost some it might not pule again I'll have to check my cold level as it sits over night
Old 06-12-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
It was just at the top line on cold fill range I just pulled over again to check it and it's now about an inch and a half from the top of the bottle cause I lost some it might not pule again I'll have to check my cold level as it sits over night
I did notice with mine that the level was at the low right sfter the delete so I added some to the bottom line. Then after I got it good & hot the level rose quite a bit up into the top part of the bottle a lot higher than I had anticipated. I was thinking it was a good thing I didn't bring it up to the top line or it would have probably done the same thing.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:13 PM

Maybe I'm good then cause after the air worked its way out I added it to that top line. I'll keep an eye out for it. I saw another red super duty like yours on the henday haha. When yours is up to temp now how close is it to the top of the bottle
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'm good then cause after the air worked its way out I added it to that top line. I'll keep an eye out for it. I saw another red super duty like yours on the henday haha. When yours is up to temp now how close is it to the top of the bottle
Well ever since I switched to the rotella I was keeping it at the bottom line maybe a little above when it was cold. Once the level stayed consistent, I put the level to about the middle of the two lines. When my truck gets to full operating temp the fluid comes up to about an inch above the top line. It has been consistent there for about a week or so now.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM

It seemed like possibly if there was air in the system it made the fluid level come up higher when the truck was at full operating temp. I don't know for sure if that is why the level fluctuated more when I first did it but that is how it seemed.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 PM

After it puked the level stayed about 1 inch above the cold fill line for the next 6 hours of driving. I got to where I was going let the truck idle for 10 min and right when I shut it off coolant drained very fast out of the degas bottle and stopped when it got just below the return line. Any ideas????
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
After it puked the level stayed about 1 inch above the cold fill line for the next 6 hours of driving. I got to where I was going let the truck idle for 10 min and right when I shut it off coolant drained very fast out of the degas bottle and stopped when it got just below the return line. Any ideas????
Thats what i was noticing when I was doing the flush. It would be full then when I would shut down the truck it would drop down an inch or so maybe a little more a couple times. That is what I thought could have possibly been air in the system with mine. The level would come way up when I would get it up to operating temp & drop off when I would shut down to drain. Maybe this is happening to you.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Whatever it is I hope I get it figured out soon it's getting frustrating. But there was forsure air in the system in drained fast and lots of big air bubbles came from the bottom right when I shut it off. I also forgot to bring a jug of coolant with me and now I'm out in the bush for 2 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.