2nd Oil Analysis Done @ 74K Miles - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2nd Oil Analysis Done @ 74K Miles

Looking great.. and its even better than the first one I did back in January. 5K miles on this oil... seems like i could even go a little further.

Here are the comparisons of the first two reports on my truck..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What are the important numbers to look at?
Old 06-12-2012, 05:25 AM

looks good man. THats nice that there is no fuel this time.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:16 AM

I just did a analysis a few thousand miles ago and mine looked great as well. I have right around 74K miles on the truck and had I think 7 or 8K on the Delo 400 LE oil I use. They said I still had plenty of active detergents left in the oil to try a 10K oil change. My driving is about the worst you can do for the oil and such, 1.5 miles to work, then go drive on jobsites (very dusty) throughout the day and sit in traffic. So I should be doing the severe condition maintenances but with the analysis looking so good there is no need to.

Nice looking truck, BTW. Mine is the same except long bed
Old 06-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Premium Member

On my first one there was some fuel in there but i'm not really sure how it happened.. but this just made me feel a whole lot better that i dont have a serious issue with fuel leaking into the crank.

even after the first one they sent me, they told me to try a 7.5K mile interval.. but i decided not to after i saw how much fuel was in there. I'm still sticking to the 5K intervals for severe schedule. lets me sleep easier at night.

Next oil change is already due up in 2500 miles.. i'm already 1/2 way there to my next one. I'm also going to be doing an analysis on my dads 1998 Chevy Suburban w/ the 6.5L Turbo Diesel with 225K on it the next time he does his oil change. if anyone is interested.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 AM

Quick question--are u changing ur own oil? And if so are u checking to see if u atelier getting a full 15 qts back? Reason I'm asking is I'm curious about how much oil U fellas are burnin between oil changes. My buddy has an 08 that burnt 3quarts between his last 8k mile oil change.

Congrats on the positive oil analysis and thanks in advance for the feedback.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 AM

I'm deleted and burn 2 to 3 quarts between changes
Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburcham04 View Post
I'm deleted and burn 2 to 3 quarts between changes
This was for u j.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonw2 View Post
Quick question--are u changing ur own oil? And if so are u checking to see if u atelier getting a full 15 qts back? Reason I'm asking is I'm curious about how much oil U fellas are burnin between oil changes. My buddy has an 08 that burnt 3quarts between his last 8k mile oil change.

Congrats on the positive oil analysis and thanks in advance for the feedback.

When I did a oil change right before I delete the DPF I filled a 5 gal bucket right to the top, and dang near overflowed. That's 20 quarts and a whole gallon over what the capacity is suppose to be. It had right at 8K miles on the oil and I didn't have a analysis done but I know it was fuel that dumped in when in a regen, I know I filled it up with 16 quarts before the change and didn't add any so that means the fuel was getting past the rings and diluting the oil.

Ford says this is 100% normal and calls it "oil growing", they state that the 6.4L is a unique engine that "grows" it's own oil. How dumb is this!?!? I would LOVE for someone to explain to me how this could be good in the smallest way.

Anyways, after I deleted my DPF I've always gotten right around 16 quarts back out so I'm not burning much at all, if any. Any my last analysis show VERY little fuel in the oil.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt2317 View Post
When I did a oil change right before I delete the DPF I filled a 5 gal bucket right to the top, and dang near overflowed. That's 20 quarts and a whole gallon over what the capacity is suppose to be. It had right at 8K miles on the oil and I didn't have a analysis done but I know it was fuel that dumped in when in a regen, I know I filled it up with 16 quarts before the change and didn't add any so that means the fuel was getting past the rings and diluting the oil.

Ford says this is 100% normal and calls it "oil growing", they state that the 6.4L is a unique engine that "grows" it's own oil. How dumb is this!?!? I would LOVE for someone to explain to me how this could be good in the smallest way.

Anyways, after I deleted my DPF I've always gotten right around 16 quarts back out so I'm not burning much at all, if any. Any my last analysis show VERY little fuel in the oil.
They must be crazy. It doesn't grow oil. During the regen process, diesel ends up in the oil & the more regens in between oil changes the more diesel will accumulate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.