6.4 or 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 or 6.0

I currently have a 2005 6.0 with 167000k on it i am thinking of buying a 2009 6.4 with 50k on it what should i look for and what problems do these trucks have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

holy can of worms...use the search button within the 6.4 forum. Literally everyday this question is asked.

for the sake of not being a jerk, get an oasis report, and make sure the truck had routine maintenance. That's really all you can do prior to purchase. Second, after you purchase this wonderful beast, get rid of ALL the emissions equipment. If you don't, your truck will continue to die a slow death like a cigarette smoker. H&S/Spartan Tuner, CAI, DPF delete, exhaust...for starters. EGR Delete next.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thank you i will search it i still am not very good on this site. I know all about the 6.0 just dont know much about the 6.4. anyway thanks for the reply!!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:35 PM

yessir. i posted a long while ago about the 7.3 and 6.0 and 6.4. It's a bit scattered (had a few too many brews while writing), but it may help you. I've been in your shoes before. It's a tough decision. I hope this read helps you out. PM me if you have any trouble man. Welcome to the 6.4 section!

READ: 6.0 to 6.4?!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 PM

ahah I was thinking huge can of worms before i read your post this will be like the dumped my 6.4 for a 6.7 thread that turned into a 6.0 vs 6.4 battle
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
ahah I was thinking huge can of worms before i read your post this will be like the dumped my 6.4 for a 6.7 thread that turned into a 6.0 vs 6.4 battle

NO KIDDING!!! I can't believe that thread went off like that. I mean after one post with a smart response, I'm out. I've got more important stuff to do than read/respond to that crap. People come to this site for information, not egos--it's a shame threads that could be very professional and informative turn into $h@t shows--there's a section in this forum for that kind of jabbering, and that wasn't it.

Anyway--not to highjack this thread or turn it into the dumped 6.4 for 6.7--back to topic.

Tyoung911s-->How's the searching coming? still need help?
Old 06-01-2012, 06:19 AM

We'll I got some juice.. Stopped in my uncles truck shop yesterday and he said his shop made 1.5 million last year on the 6.0s alone! No bs or smoke! I was shocked...This is not a sears auto store, they only have about 4 lifts so they are not a huge shop. He said they had only one 6.4 in their for an alternator issue which I was also shocked to hear that. I know the 6.4 has not been out as long as the 6.0 but my uncle basically told me if he saw an influx of 6.4's he would give me a heads up for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.