08 Non-Emissions Trucks...Anyone Heard This??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
08 Non-Emissions Trucks...Anyone Heard This???

As many of you know, starting in back in June I began my quest of "getting around" regen, DPF, cat, the whole nine yards.....well anyway along the way I have met and talked with many people, some have been strange, most have been normal, but all have been great and very helpful .....anyway the point of this thread is that I thought I would give some help back.... there is a rumor that there is a factory program from Ford that turns off regen. So there is no need for any of the new emission equipment. From my understanding some of these trucks are already out there, but they are "mining" trucks, whatever that means......any way there are some people who I'm talking to who are looking for these trucks....I know a lot of you work out in various fields....just wondering if any one had heard this rumor or seen this truck??? Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I live in Farmington NM and we have several large mines in the area. A good friend of mine owns a shop locally that works on the mine trucks. Last week I had the chance to look at one of the new 08 PSD's and from what I could see everything looked the same as my truck (just a work truck version). Do you know if they leave everything in and just change the computer code? Next chance I get I will go test one of the mine trucks out to see if it goes into Regen.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro7100 View Post
I live in Farmington NM and we have several large mines in the area. A good friend of mine owns a shop locally that works on the mine trucks. Last week I had the chance to look at one of the new 08 PSD's and from what I could see everything looked the same as my truck (just a work truck version). Do you know if they leave everything in and just change the computer code? Next chance I get I will go test one of the mine trucks out to see if it goes into Regen.
No they shouldn't have a DPF on there at all, maybe a cat at the most. Since the truck doesn't have regen to clean out the DPF, there shouldn't be one. Again this is just a rumor and from what I understand there is only a few trucks out there meaning that they will probably never leave the "mining site" since they are off road use only.....
Old 10-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Get a VIN number off of one of these “mining” trucks and run it to see what the build codes tell us.
I have a gold mine in AZ, maybe could use it to qualify.
:burnout
Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Emergency Services

Normally these never leave the mine site but they are brand new. My friends shop welds in a cage and installs the beds on them. They are towed from the Dealer to his shop then out to the mine. I checked out three of them while they were on the rack and all had the DPF. The mine was really concerned with the tailpipe tip as they are always in the mud and will get clogged. Maybe the next run of trucks will be the NON DPF trucks, Ill keep my eye out.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro7100 View Post
Normally these never leave the mine site but they are brand new. My friends shop welds in a cage and installs the beds on them. They are towed from the Dealer to his shop then out to the mine. I checked out three of them while they were on the rack and all had the DPF. The mine was really concerned with the tailpipe tip as they are always in the mud and will get clogged. Maybe the next run of trucks will be the NON DPF trucks, Ill keep my eye out.
Sweet man, thanks!
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Now that would be interesting.... Are you gonna try to buy one Julian if you find one?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

OHV vehicles don't need emissions so maybe theres a special version. Also to I've heard farmers or anyone with fields don't need to have cats on there trucks do to the risk of starting fires.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue01F250 View Post
Now that would be interesting.... Are you gonna try to buy one Julian if you find one?
No but if I can find a lead at to where on is, then I can let some of the aftermarket guys know where they are.....because then they can see what they are missing or not doing right to turn off regen by going in and flashing the stock computer file off that truck. Then they can offer a regen delete with their performance.....and the best part is that it might be COVERED UNDER WARRANTY because its Ford's programming that has turned off regen
Old 10-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
heeeeeeeeeaaayyyy (my best Jeff Foxworthy voice)

now that there is an idea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.