looking for mods for my 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
looking for mods for my 6.4

Ive been searching around here and it seems as if the DPF delete and a tuner are the first major mods anyone does on their trucks. Im pretty sure i have this correct but being new to diesels I'm not certain, but if i get a full turbo back exhaust plus an H&S minimax my DPF will be completely deleted?

I think i understand where you can get certain parts of the pipe to delete the dpf but i think i just want to replace the whole exhaust. Other than exhaust and programmer i was gonna do an intake just wasn't sure if i should do a wet or dry intake?

Any help would be appreciated, I've tried searching but I'm still not positive i have all this information correct regarding the DPF delete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwillmon View Post
Ive been searching around here and it seems as if the DPF delete and a tuner are the first major mods anyone does on their trucks. Im pretty sure i have this correct but being new to diesels I'm not certain, but if i get a full turbo back exhaust plus an H&S minimax my DPF will be completely deleted?

I think i understand where you can get certain parts of the pipe to delete the dpf but i think i just want to replace the whole exhaust. Other than exhaust and programmer i was gonna do an intake just wasn't sure if i should do a wet or dry intake?

Any help would be appreciated, I've tried searching but I'm still not positive i have all this information correct regarding the DPF delete.
Yes it will be completely deleted if you do a full exhaust. As for the wet or dry filter do you mean oiled or dry and if so I think it is just a personal preference thing.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:34 PM

You can to a full turbo back exhaust, a downpipe back exhaust, or you can keep your tailpipe section and do just a dpf delete or a cat(DOC)/DPF delete. It really depends on what you want in sound or if you will need to go back to stock for warranty or emissions. I currently have a 4 inch cat/dpf delete that goes to a dpf back 5 inch exhaust. I did mine in stages. Right now I could install the factory cat/dpf and still keep my 5 inch tailpipe but I hope not to have to do that. As far as the intake, that is up to you. Dry is easier but might not flow as good as wet. Will you notice? Probably not.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks for the replies.

If i have the money i think i may do a full exhaust at one time. Ive also seen it straight piped or with a muffler, is this just mainly for sound or is there benefits of that as well?

And yes i did mean oiled or dry, i thought i read that the oiled filters werent good for the diesel but i could be mistaken. In my last truck i had a K&N that i just cleaned and reoiled every so often but i wasnt sure for these trucks what would be best.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
thanks for the replies.

If i have the money i think i may do a full exhaust at one time. Ive also seen it straight piped or with a muffler, is this just mainly for sound or is there benefits of that as well?

And yes i did mean oiled or dry, i thought i read that the oiled filters werent good for the diesel but i could be mistaken. In my last truck i had a K&N that i just cleaned and reoiled every so often but i wasnt sure for these trucks what would be best.
Yeah the muffler will be just to quiet it up a bit.
I read that about oiled filters as well but in these trucks in particular unless you have a ccv mod, the crankcase vent to the intake anyways. Plus I think you would really have to oil the $@!' out of it for it to go right through the filter. Or that's what I think of the oiled situation anyways. Just for the heck of it I bought one of each anyways so I just swap them out.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Alright so basically just a turbo back exhaust, H&S Minimax and an air intake and im at a good start correct?

Ill probably just go with the oiled filter as well, never had problems in my other truck even though it was gas, but i ran it for 50,000 miles and it was still good as new so hopefully this will work. I love the truck so far but cant wait to start doing some mods to it.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Alright so basically just a turbo back exhaust, H&S Minimax and an air intake and im at a good start correct?

Ill probably just go with the oiled filter as well, never had problems in my other truck even though it was gas, but i ran it for 50,000 miles and it was still good as new so hopefully this will work. I love the truck so far but cant wait to start doing some mods to it.
You will absolutely love your truck after all that stuff. I haven't even done anything to my exhaust other than the dpf/cat delete and what a difference! I recently did an egr delete as well and it made a huge difference in throttle response. I did have to turn down the low oost fueling on the h&s though due to my wife not enjoying the smoke when you get on it lol. Have fun!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Give us a holler, we will get you taken care of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.