An opinion please, for Australia, stick with late 6.0 or go for 6.4??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
An opinion please, for Australia, stick with late 6.0 or go for 6.4???

Hello from Down Under (Australia)

For business tax reasons, I can upgrade my 06 built 07 year model 6.0 King Ranch 4x4 Dually LWB CrewCab, loaded with goodies, to the 6.4 Twin Turbo about middle of next year........ But should I?

What is the feel in America?? I hear it has less sensors, more mechanical cooling, and a great new interior.... But what is the feel in America? Step up or a step down for Ford???

Thank you from Oz... I have to stay current as about 100 of my Customers are towing Bushtracker Vans with the 4x4 Fords....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
The Fat Mod

Wow, have not heard from ya in a long time Ranger. Hope all is well. The 6.4s have been pretty strong so far. One thing you might want to think about is they only run on ULSD. Not sure how much of that yall have down your way. I would atleast hold off till next year till there is a better idea.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hey Thank you for that Logan,

No all is well here.. My Daughters took out 4 National Titles in Reining Horses here in Oz at the NRHA Nationals and just been a bit busy of a year... Started programs for about 120 Handicapped children on my horse property, for fun and therapy, generating a lot of smiles..!!

Just thinking of the update to the 6.4 mid 08, as for tax reasons and the dollar exchange rate it is a thought .... "just because I can" syndrome...

We have been running ULSD here for a couple of years now, with "Added Lubricity" lubricants they talk about... A little more Greenie advanced than America I think... Not that it is an advantage.. Bloody Greenies in their little key wind up rice grinders... I did a lift on the KR so I can roll over them...

Anyway, my King Ranch, CC, LWB, DRW, 4x4 FX4, with all the toys is still picture perfect other than a low output alternator which was cheerfully exchanged. My 06 built 07 year model King Ranch F-350 is perfect with 25,000 on the clock. No problems, good fuel, 410 gears... It is just that the dollar exchange rate has gone about 15% favorable, and tax issue make it so I could do it... But do I want to is the issue.

Just trying to fish a feel from you all and your comment is well taken...

Thank you, all is well on our little island Down Under.... Oz...:beer2:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.