Anyone heard about this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone heard about this?

I didn't know where to put this at so I stuck it in here. Anyone heard about the recent road side killings going on in North Mississippi? There has been two on the news in the last few days and another happened last night. The two most recent were both within about five miles from where I work, and the first was about 10 miles from my home town and our land. They think the shooter is acting as a cop flashing blue lights, pulling people over, then shooting them. What does someone do in this situation? You cant pull your gun out at a cop when they pull you over and make them show you a badge. I think I'll just keep driving and either call 911 and make sure they have a car in the area and pulling over a f250 or keep driving until another cop shows up. All three incidents have been at night on highways 2 of which aren't real busy. I told my wife to stay in town on the main roads around street lights and don't pull over until you can get in a gas station or store. What do yall think about it? Opinions. Crazy people in this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 05:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblg700 View Post
I didn't know where to put this at so I stuck it in here. Anyone heard about the recent road side killings going on in North Mississippi? There has been two on the news in the last few days and another happened last night. The two most recent were both within about five miles from where I work, and the first was about 10 miles from my home town and our land. They think the shooter is acting as a cop flashing blue lights, pulling people over, then shooting them. What does someone do in this situation? You cant pull your gun out at a cop when they pull you over and make them show you a badge. I think I'll just keep driving and either call 911 and make sure they have a car in the area and pulling over a f250 or keep driving until another cop shows up. All three incidents have been at night on highways 2 of which aren't real busy. I told my wife to stay in town on the main roads around street lights and don't pull over until you can get in a gas station or store. What do yall think about it? Opinions. Crazy people in this world.
Had not heard about this. I am not from that area but want to offer my prayers for those affected. Stay safe brother.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 AM

maybe put a non emergency police # on speed dial so you can verify if it's legit ?

I don't think 911 would be good idea ,, but maybe ?

I bet the police stop using their unmarked cars for traffic stops for a while ... atleast if they were smart

you and your Wife stay safe !
Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
By law you can turn on your flashers, call 911, tell them your location/situation, and drive to a public place. I'm always carry a weapon and I'm still nervous to stop for ANYONE in the middle of nowhere. People are crazy these days.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
maybe put a non emergency police # on speed dial so you can verify if it's legit ?

I don't think 911 would be good idea ,, but maybe ?

I bet the police stop using their unmarked cars for traffic stops for a while ... atleast if they were smart

you and your Wife stay safe !
The police are telling you to call 911 and turn on your flashers and only stop after the 911 dispatcher verifies you are indeed being pulled over. They also said that police officers in the area will be on alert that you may drive longer before stopping.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:30 AM

good plan
I bet traffic stops will be way down until this is solved
Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblg700 View Post
Yep, a lot of nut jobs in the world. You're doing the right thing, though. Call the cops to verify it is legit and DO NOT pull over until you are in a public place (store, gas station, etc) where people are present. If it's legit, the cops will understand why you didn't pull over right away and until in a safe place.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Premium Member

Yeah I just read that on the Memphis news, and I always carry a gun also, always have. Living so close to Memphis from the small town I'm from is quite a bit different. I'm moving back to the country as soon as I can. Thanks for the comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.