Looking at Buying a 2010 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking at Buying a 2010 6.4

Hey guys, Im new here and currently dont have a powerstroke but i am looking around. I recently sold my truck and have a nice down payment to put down on something.

I have found a black 2010 f-250 with leather, navigation sun roof and completely stock other than that. The truck has 60,xxx miles on it. If i did get it im sure i would lift it and tune it and exhaust and all that fun stuff.

The other truck i found was a 2007 megacab with 6 inch lift 37 inch tires front end replacemnt and 72,000 miles. This truck doesnt have leather or anything like the ford but it is already lifted and all that.

If someone could give me some insight on the ford as i am new to the diesel world. Im just torn on what truck to get as i really cant decide, so any suggestions or anything at all would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

how about a 2008 f350 crew xlt 4x4 w 130k new heads, head gaskets, head studs. dpf/cat/egr delete. xrt pro. all this for 21000
Old 05-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you can afford to buy the extended warranty then buy them, if not make sure that you get a very good price because incidental repairs on these trucks can cost a shocking amount. Not saying that you are definitely going to have trouble but if you do it helps to be able to afford it or have ford fix it.

Typed with my thumbs from my Autoguide app.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM

I have a 2010 250 cc lariat. Best truck/purchase i have ever made. Tuned since 25k miles, bought at 19k miles and currently have 36k miles on her. Only problems I ever had is when she was stock with the DPF sensors and limp mode and the computer. Not one single problem since I deleted her. I will probably have put over 20k miles on her before owning for a year (currently less than 10 months in) and I haven't regretted one single minute of it.

Before I bought the truck I laboriously researched diesels from fords to chevys to dodges. IMHO, this is the best truck on the market right now and perhaps the most reliable--once modified. Remember you are on a 6.4 forum so your answers will be heavily biased bc the majority of us are heavily invested emotionally and financially in our trucks.

If you can afford it and live in an area where you don't get tested for emissions, I'd buy it today, tune it tomorrow, and love one of the last trucks of its kind.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the replies, I understand most here will be biased which is fine. I do like the looks of the f-250 but i also like the room of the megacab and the lift and all.

If i did get the 250 what is a good start on it as far as performance mods to start out with?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwillmon View Post
Thanks for the replies, I understand most here will be biased which is fine. I do like the looks of the f-250 but i also like the room of the megacab and the lift and all.

If i did get the 250 what is a good start on it as far as performance mods to start out with?
intake, exhaust, programmer, egr delete and done
Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM

Ditto

Typed with my thumbs from my Autoguide app.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM

What transmission is in the megacab? If it is an automatic, you can lift the Ford for much less money than it will take to make the Dodge transmission close to the stock Ford tranny. Just my .02
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes it is a automatic. The lift on the megacab is a fabtech lift but its a short arm kit, which i have read for a better ride and better angles i would want a long arm kit?

I really like both trucks so im kinda torn, my dad just bought a 6.4 and loves it so hes pushing me for the ford. I like the leather and sunroof and navigation of the ford. But also the lift and wheels and tires of the megacab as well as the extra room so i just really cant decide.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 AM

My advice is obviously go Ford, but if the main reason you are going dodge is for the lift/megacab, you are making a poor decision. Have you been in a crewcab? I don't see how you would need more room back there than that. And our trucks run stronger, smoother, and will double the life a dodge's frame/suspension--and you can run 37's with just a leveling kit. NOT on a dodge.

Also, for mods, that's the second best thing about our trucks--you can exponential increase the life and health of your truck with around $1500, and push up to 500 safe HP without the need for new studs, rods, etc. Immediate mods--Intake, exhaust, tuner. If you have the time/money, go ahead and do EGR Delete while your at it.

good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.