Hostage's or Novakane's? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hostage's or Novakane's?

I'm gonna get some new wheels soon but have no idea what I want! I thought I'd see what you all think! I still don't know whether I want to stick with chrome or go with a black wheel. If I do go with a black wheel, I want either Novakane's in death metal or Fuel Maverick's 2 piece in their chrome/ polished black finish. I definitely do not want a matte black. As for chrome, I really like Hostage's and Novakane's. I am open to any other suggestions as I find looking at wheels and such to be completely overwhelming! 20's or 22's? I am going to run 37x13.50 Toyo M/T's. Any and all input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Cameron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2012, 12:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
37s on 20" wheels max, unless you like the low profile look... they actually look better on 17s. If I had it to do over I probably would go with 17" wheel (I have that same tire on a 20). Check out the Method wheels, they look pretty good too. just my $.02
Old 05-14-2012, 05:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
I like the chrome hostages. Its what I have. I agree, anything more than a 20" wheel and you will loose alot of sidewall. I went 18"s on my truck with 35's because in a 20, there was very little sidewall, and in my line of work I need sidewall.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM

24" hostages!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Man 22s min...Im sorry for those hating on the bigger wheels..but 17s 18s..really now...come on...not on a late model truck fellas.

22s with 37s is a great combo....

The Hostages and Novakanes are both great looking wheels...I will say that you dont see many of either in CHROME, but the black in each are played out IMO...I like something that not everyone has.

I just pre ordered the Fuel 2 piece NUTZ in black/machined at our shop.....they havent even been released yet...supposed to ship sometime in the next 2 weeks...with that said, go with something that no one or not many have if you want to stand out.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahrump View Post
Man 22s min...Im sorry for those hating on the bigger wheels..but 17s 18s..really now...come on...not on a late model truck fellas.

22s with 37s is a great combo....

The Hostages and Novakanes are both great looking wheels...I will say that you dont see many of either in CHROME, but the black in each are played out IMO...I like something that not everyone has.

I just pre ordered the Fuel 2 piece NUTZ in black/machined at our shop.....they havent even been released yet...supposed to ship sometime in the next 2 weeks...with that said, go with something that no one or not many have if you want to stand out.
I agree the 17s and 18s are too small. I have 18s now and hate them. I think they make they truck look smaller.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Im still stuck on the old school small wheels era, not a big fan of the tiny sidewall tires. That being said I really want some AF 22"s!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
I agree that the 20's and 22's look best on these trucks, but I just cant do it on my truck. I spend alot of time on large rock roads going to and from rigs. If I ran 35's and 20's or 22's the rims would get beat up in a hurry and I cant run 37's because then the truck sits to tall for towing. Everyday you can see the dirt and dust marks on my tires where the rocks hit and rub the sidewalls. These marks are often times only an inch or two from my current rims.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 AM

22s!!!! I hate my 18s, if i could get rid or them, i go to a 22 with a 35inch tire.....if i had a lift, id love to run a 22 with 37s, but i dont think 37s would fit my truck with out a lift.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Go 20's and stick with chrome. Either wheel would look great with your color. Agreed that black is overused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.