Need help - looking at new stroker - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help - looking at new stroker

Need some help guys. Looking for my first stroker and meeting the dealer to test drive and go over the truck tomorrow. Does anything stand out to you guys? I have confirmed that there is no gooseneck hitch, so hoping it hasn't been hauled with much.

Thanks in advance

Cars for Sale: 2010 Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab Super Duty in Fairfield, TX 75840: Truck Details - 319495241 - AutoTrader.com

Used 2010 Ford F-250 For Sale in Fairfield, TX | 1FTSW2BRXAEA45563
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's a clean looking truck! Seems priced kinda high tho, but that could just be me. My 2008 had 58k miles and cost $28k out the door. (And it's a King Ranch)...
Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Premium Member

Ive been doing the same thing as you. Like some of the people will suggest, in case you havent thought of it, get an oasis report and a carfax....autocheck, etc. before you decide to buy.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Tyler, sounds like you got a good deal. Trucks up here in DFW go for a premium most of the time, so I'm not against looking out of the city limits (that's how I found this one). I've sent the dealer some comp's to see the competition up here in DFW, so we'll see how much they'll budge to get a deal done. I've got about an hour drive to get to them, so if they don't show any initiative to lower their price, I'll probably pass and not waste my time. I will say that they offered me a really good trade in value on my commuter car, so I was pleasantly surprised on that and it may have some affect on the outcome here.

Big Smokey, thanks for the reminder on the Oasis Report. Slipped my mind, but I'll call the dealer tomorrow and get one.

Still open to hear thoughts/opinions if anyone has them.

Thanks guys
Old 05-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
From what I've seen, yes I got a screaming deal (why I jumped in it soooo fast), but doesn't mean other dealers can't be pushed as well. They had mine listed at 35k originally, and I got mine from Mac Haik in Georgetown. I pretty much made a 3 hr trek for it. With my old tundra trade in I actually walked out the door paying $23k for it (but whose counting).

I would say when you talk to the dealer tomorrow about the oasis and such ask them for the engine hrs as well. These trucks have issues when idled for a long time I dontknow what the magic number is for your average speed, but I'm sure averaging 7 over 50k miles can't be good!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

They came down some, but not enough for me to make the drive right now. I'm pretty much hitting a wall at the low $36k range. My goal on that was to push for $35k OTD, but they weren't interested in anything close to that. Maybe it will change in a few days, but I'm going to keep looking for now.

I found a white one here locally that has 48k miles and navigation, but is priced the same. It's not the gray color I love though, but I do like white also. It is at the dealer that is 5 minutes from my house, so all warranty/service would be through them, so that definitely plays a part of it. Awaiting Oasis report before I move any further. The Carfax did show an "Electrical system check" when the truck had 21k miles, so wondering if the Oasis will expand on that. It seems this one has changed hands more often and has had at least 3 owners, so that's a bit concerning.

We'll see what happens...
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

35kOTD isnt bad but you can find nice 08 for around 28k advertised and seen some with less than 50k go for $23-24k. money talks and i've had dealers do alot better when your there than on the phone especially when you have the cash (or pre approved loan) ready for them when you get there
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I wish I could get to $35k OTD, but its not looking like I will on this one. I'm still awaiting an Oasis report on this truck to see what's been done.

I received the Oasis report on the local truck. In March 2012, lower turbo pedestal leaking and high pressure pump cover leaking, perform cab off procedure (report cut off after that, but looks like more has been done). April 2012, more issues from previous repair, full transmission removal, gaskets and seals replaced, etc. Think I'll pass on this one.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvineStroker View Post
I wish I could get to $35k OTD, but its not looking like I will on this one. I'm still awaiting an Oasis report on this truck to see what's been done.

I received the Oasis report on the local truck. In March 2012, lower turbo pedestal leaking and high pressure pump cover leaking, perform cab off procedure (report cut off after that, but looks like more has been done). April 2012, more issues from previous repair, full transmission removal, gaskets and seals replaced, etc. Think I'll pass on this one.
I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that if you showed up at the dealer with 35K in your hand, they'd jump on it and quick. If they didn't then they don't want to sell a truck. 35K from 38.6K isn't much of a jump. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If this truck was in the area, I'd have no problem doing that. It's not worth driving over 200 miles round trip to take that risk though, otherwise I would have skipped out on work and gone down there by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.