stations around here running B5 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stations around here running B5

All the stations in my neck of the woods seem to be running a max of 5% biodiesel. Should I keep adding the same amount of diesel kleen?
sorry if this is a dumb question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Which stations run a blend? I usually fill up at Esso but have been in a pinch and hit up a Shell and either they don't offer it or simply don't advertise it. I suppose Husky, being, "Mother Nature's Fuel" more than likely offers it.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 PM

I noticed co-op has for a while they say up to b5 and the sticker on the pump says may contain. Also husky does. I talked to a buddy who is a fuel supplier he said most of the stations were. I don't think she'll does but I stopped going to the shell/flying j on Barlow between the pay at the pump and the 15 min line inside haha. I'm just going off some of the stations I've seen and what my buddy said. If you know of one that doesn't please let me know
Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 PM

From Esso's website:
Biodiesel blends are currently available at participating Esso service stations in British Columbia and Manitoba. Stations selling biodiesel have a label on the pump indicating the fuels may contain up to 5 percent biodiesel. Yee haw for living in oil rich Alberta!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 PM

Haha perfect! I guess I'll keep an eye out for an esso in the SE then
Old 05-08-2012, 05:57 PM

I collect Aeroplan Miles/points so that's why I like to fillup at Esso since they're the only station that offers them. They offer 1 point for every $3. I usually find Esso's diesel a couple cents cheaper than Shell's. I've contemplated using Co-Op as their kick back is pretty good with the check at the end of the year and the couple cents off a liter you save and give the grocery dollars to the girlfriend. I also like how Esso has Speed Pass and all the other stations have got rid of it or similar products. Linked it right to my Aeroplan points and credit card. Only thing is that if you go to the Pay at the Pump side, it limits diesel to $100. Pain in the as$ when you know you need more than that. Have to run in and tell them to pre-authorize for more than $100. End rant.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM

I've got some big checks back from co-op but they can be more expensive so not sure how much it's worth. I just went there cause they are everywhere and every pump has diesel. I'll just find out if she'll has it and go to there it's close to home
Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 PM

I have to say I do like Co-Op's setup with diesel available at every pump. Can be awhile if there's only one diesel pump and both sides are being used. I tried looking on Shell's website and couldn't find anything about biodiesel/blends. It says they offer ULSD and V-Power diesel so I'm guessing that these aren't a bio-blend. Guess you'll find out when you fillup there and if there's a sticker on the pump or not.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 PM

I'll check it out tomorrow. Is aero plan only air Canada? If it it I've had too many lost baggage claims to fly with them again
Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM

Yeah, Aeroplan is just Air Canada/Star Alliance network. Even with all my less than thrilling adventures with them, I still fly with them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.