2008 king ranch - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 king ranch

This is at my local dealership. Just wanted your thoughts on this. Im wanting a superduty. Sick of driving f150s. Im on my 3rd one and everytime i pull a trailer i cry, it sucks. Anyway I dont want a brand new, they are awesome, but to pricey for my pocket book. . I wanna stay low mileage and around 30k, but im not that familiar with whats ok as mileage vs. price of the diesel trucks. Also autocheck shows 11 things listed, but i dont have an account to check those things out.
Heres my truck i have now 2010 f150.

2008 Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW King Ranch $36,995 - Zink Motor Company Appleton City Missouri 64724
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just bought that exact same truck for that exact same price. From all the research I did, that's basically wholesale price so I would say it's a good deal.

Of course I'm new to these Powerstroke's so maybe someone else has a different opinion.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
I cant believe how the prices of used trucks have come up in the last year. I bought my truck in 09 with 30k miles on it for 35k out the door. That truck appears to be right on key with others I have seen lately.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Premium Member

Thats what ive been finding as well. To stay around that price and under 50k miles thats been about right. Of course there are always those few folks that get a great deal. Theres not goose ball. and the whole underneath, suspension everything is clean. I dont really care if it has the wheels/tires and crap like that. I do that stuff anyway, but i may try and deal. Havent driven it or anything.
Any idea on holes drilled in the bed of the truck. there are two on the drivers side and two on the passenger side about 8 or 10 inces apart.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM

where are the holes drilled at in the bed? Are they right over the axle? They could be left over from a gooseneck hitch. Someone rewelded up the large hole in the center, but left the tie down holes, rhino lined over it all to make it look clean?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM

going back and looking at the pics of the truck, I dont think my theory holds true.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 AM

Either a bed plate for a hitch or an auxillary fuel tank
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

The holes are closer to the cab.... Its under where you would put a tool box...If you were standing in the bed of the truck looking at the cab they are probably 6ish inches from the front of the bed then of course a 10inch or so space and the other hole. Holes are only like3/8 of an inch to half inch each. Looks like where a couple bolts went through.. I was guessing auxillary fuel tank possibly, but there isnt a scratch one in the bed of the truck. It never had a gooseball or fifth wheel attachment either. No bedliner.
It doesnt really matter to me, just been pondering that.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Seems a bit high to me, but Im used to truck with 80K+ milkes on them. Im not sure how much of a premium that 40K mile truck should bring, but consdiering its a Diesel I wouldnt think it would bring alot. Although the King Ranch will usually bring a premium. I bought my truck, in oct 2010 for $33K but it had 82K miles. Check to see if its a job 1,2,3. I would pay a couple grand more for a job 2 or 3 (in other words a couple grand less for a Job 1). Get an oasis report from the dealer (assuming you buy from a ford dealer, also shouldnt cost you anything) as well as an autocheck/carfax, the dealer should pay for it and give it to you or I would walk away. Just go in and ask to see the carfax and oasis report, if they dont give them to you walk away, and dont look back.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 PM

Oh and what do you tow and how often do you tow it? The mileage with these trucks sucks, So if your going to use if for a DD take that into account. (unless you modify it, but many guys wont mess with it untill the factory warrenty runs out at 100K) What does your F150 have for an engine and what kind of mileage do you get? Im not trying to talk you out of it, just make sure its right for you. (remember 16qts of synthetic every 3000-5000 miles gets pricy $20 a gallon + filter, not to mention fuel filters every 10K etc etc, Again unless you modify it (DPF delete tuner etc etc) then things change in your favor)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.