Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.4 dpf delete

12K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bmills618 
#1 ·
i'm new to the diesel game and wanting to put a dpf delete on my 08 f250. wanting to know a suggested brand and programmer and maybe a website. any tricks or tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks

#2 ·
I went with a 5" downpipe back diamond eye, H&S XRT Pro and S&B CAI from Performance Truck Products. Everything worked great. I went with the XRT because I already use an Edge Insight for gauges.

There is already alot of back and forth on tuners on here. Check out the 6.4 performance parts forum and you'll get alot of info.

#3 ·
I have a Flo Pro 4" down pipe back (with muffler) system. I like it very much. My tuner is the H&S Mini Maxx (with dash mount) which I also like very much. You will also need to get a CAI if you are going to run any of the higher hp tunes as the factory one does not let enough air in. I went with S&B. If you buy from PTP you will like their service and prices.

#4 ·
do both DPF&CAT delete ...its an easier, cleaner mod ( the CAT will just fill up with soot) ....H&S or Spartan is popular tuner wise............And a Cold Air Intake...to start.then sooon you will want to do an EGR delete or use EGR blocking plates; as most tuners shut the EGR off anyway and you dont want an EGR cooler failure..:ORG welcome:.
I like Rudy's Diesel.
:ORG welcome::ford::thumb:

#5 ·
I just ordered a Spartan tuner, flo pro 5inch straight and s&b intake last week. Just search some threads and make your decision off of others experiences. I ordered spartan because it seems they have more powerful tunes.

#7 ·
How many miles does your truck have? Do you have a warranty?

If it was me i would do diamond eye or flow-pro 5" exhaust straight pipe, S&B or AFE cai, spartan or H&S tuner

#9 ·
Then what brands i told you start looking into that. Performance truck products has some good deals

#11 ·
PTP all the way. They sold me on the AFE stage 2 CAI, but I guess S&B is better now. Call them...they are very helpful, and will not steer you wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.