Am I paranoid, or should I be worried?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Am I paranoid, or should I be worried?!

Hello, I have a question for you guys.

I am a college student (truck is at college 5 days a week) and I drive a 08 6.4... I have a DPF delete/cat delete pipe. (run a ORIGINAL XRT tuner, and drive easy/don't hot rod).

Anyway, Today, I notice that there is a hand print on the chrome of my passenger side running board (in the rear too...) I didn't think too much then began to think that maybe someone wanted to look under my truck to have a look at my exhaust. Well as I said I have a DPF delete and this is frowned upon by some.... It could have been another kid that thought my truck sounded cool or something and wanted to take a look. (this could of either happened at college, or a grocery store) I don't think I did it myself, and I washed my truck on Monday.

Anyway.. am I crazy or should I be worried? I would rather not receive a fine for a DPF delete.....

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Which state are you in...... I dont think officials are gonna start going around everybody's truck to look for their DPF.......There are too many truck on the road
Old 04-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

IL.

I agree, I am probably being paranoid.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Premium Member

Not to worry. Most likely another student.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Without seeing it actually happen, it's hard to tell. It could be as you described or something as simple as someone next to you dropped something and inadvertently used your step while they bent down.
I'd keep an eye on the truck just in case, but unless you actually have something to go on, don't let it keep ya up at night.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Or maybe a thief saw that your truck had been sitting and was thinkin about gettin your cat and dpf.... and then saw they were gone and was like "well isnt this some ****"
Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Don't be too worried. Unless you bought the truck new you can always blame it on the previous owner (and if you can afford a new PSD truck as a college student, I want to know what side job you have). That’s my plan at least,,,,,what do you mean my truck has stuff missing, this is the way I bought it, No wonder I got such a good deal on it.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonm View Post
Don't be too worried. Unless you bought the truck new you can always blame it on the previous owner (and if you can afford a new PSD truck as a college student, I want to know what side job you have). Thatís my plan at least,,,,,what do you mean my truck has stuff missing, this is the way I bought it, No wonder I got such a good deal on it.
Bought the truck 1.5 years ago with 92k on it. Hell no could I afford new!

Of course I would try that if I were to ever get in trouble, I just found it odd I had those prints.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM

Actually, I have another take on this. Please don't get the wrong idea because I have absolutely no evil intent in mind, but on occasion I have considered doing the same thing when I've seen a similar truck as mine in a parking lot somewhere. It's nothing more than curiousity as to whether the truck is deleted or not and that is all. But then I thought...how would I feel if I caught someone looking under my truck for no good reason and without permission. I wouldn't like it, therefore I would never do it to someone else.

Last edited by cp2146; 04-20-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 AM

it was me......Sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.