Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NEW Stereo????

574 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  smotrs 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm a new F-250 owner. I have had my 2008 for about a month now and I LOVE it. I added a dual steering stabilizer to it and it made ALL the differance in the world. Anyway, My question is this: I want to install a dvd/nav touch screen reciever in the truck. I do not have a reverse camera at this time but I would like to add the stock one that is in the tailgate handle and have it show on the new reciever. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend $1000 on one either. Tell me what you think.

#2 ·
You can probably find some used ones of name brands on various sites, maybe even refurbished ones. But brand new, your looking at probably $800+ for a name brand unit, e.g. Pinoneer, Kenwood, Sony, Eclipse, etc..

Also keep in mind, allot of the units have the various abilities like BlueTooth, ipod interface, AV control, back up camera, etc.. but they usually will require additional modules which will up the price even more. In other words, your probably going to be looking at a $1000 for anything decent with the features your probably after.

That said, I have the Pioneer Avic-Z2 with the options shown in my sig. Absolutely awesome head unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.